Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine light back on after repairs done by the dealer

Hi All,

I thought I'd come on this forum for some help and advice and possibly finding out if I am getting misinformed by the dealer.

Two weeks ago while driving myLexus IS250 2012 on the motorway engine light came on together with TRC OFF warning. After some reading I found out that TRC OFF was a throw off warning , it just meant the car has gone into "safe mode" per say.

Took the car to closest garage whom advised to get the car checked out by the dealer as it something with the fueling system and they don't want to risk it , can't blame them.

The dealer carried out a vehicle diagnostic report and reported that the problem is with High Pressure Fuel Pump (first report attached).

Quoted the cost of repairs at £1500 including parts and throttle body wash as the issue was possibly caused by bad fuel. We agreed to carry out the repairs.

The dealer drove the car back to our house a couple of days later after the repairs were complete. All seemed good untill I took the car onto the motorway the next morning. As soon as I started doing above 30mph , the same engine light came back on. Called the dealer back and they took the car in again. They ran the vehicle diagnostics again (second report attached) and claimed that the issue is most likely with a faulty sensor.

This strikes me as weird and I am now suspicious whether the fuel pump needed replacing at all and whether it wasn't just a sensor issue. Too much of a coincidence for the car to break down again the next morning as soon as it was taken onto the motorway. Now the car is with them for almost a week and they claim they are doing final checks.

Looking at the first report there is a message saying DTC monitors are incomplete , mayb somebody can shed some light into what does that exactly mean? Does that mean its not a full report and possibly the sensor was the only issue here?

Thanks in advance.

First_Report.png

Second Report.png

Hi All,
I thought I'd come on this forum for some help and advice and possibly finding out if I am getting misinformed by the dealer.
Two weeks ago while driving myLexus IS250 2012 on the motorway engine light came on together with TRC OFF warning. After some reading I found out that TRC OFF was a throw off warning , it just meant the car has gone into "safe mode" per say.
Took the car to closest garage whom advised to get the car checked out by the dealer as it something with the fueling system and they don't want to risk it , can't blame them.
The dealer carried out a vehicle diagnostic report and reported that the problem is with High Pressure Fuel Pump (first report attached).
Quoted the cost of repairs at £1500 including parts and throttle body wash as the issue was possibly caused by bad fuel. We agreed to carry out the repairs.
The dealer drove the car back to our house a couple of days later after the repairs were complete. All seemed good untill I took the car onto the motorway the next morning. As soon as I started doing above 30mph , the same engine light came back on. Called the dealer back and they took the car in again. They ran the vehicle diagnostics again (second report attached) and claimed that the issue is most likely with a faulty sensor.
This strikes me as weird and I am now suspicious whether the fuel pump needed replacing at all and whether it wasn't just a sensor issue. Too much of a coincidence for the car to break down again the next morning as soon as it was taken onto the motorway. Now the car is with them for almost a week and they claim they are doing final checks.
Looking at the first report there is a message saying DTC monitors are incomplete , mayb somebody can shed some light into what does that exactly mean? Does that mean its not a full report and possibly the sensor was the only issue here?

Thanks in advance.
First_Report.thumb.png.3480d16928e54a85f209301ae0a8abd6.png
5a303b1bea3d5_SecondReport.thumb.png.65ea2714b59a7c1bf1d24b2420a57b25.png
I'd say you have a cat problem.

I'd try a can of Cataclean in half a tank of fuel and give it a 50 mile blast on the motorway in 4th at 70mph.

Sent from my PSP7551DUO using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links