Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems Encountered with the LC500

malcolmw

My current NX seems to have far fewer creaks an rattles than my previous 2 RXs.

The noise coming from the rear seat of the 3RX when unoccupied was horrendous. I tried to change the angle of the backrest and to slide the seat back or forth, but it made no difference.

My 4RX had a really bad vibrating rattle from the rear seats. Cured by putting a double wrap of gaffer tape around the centre seat portion fixing bracket. I have recently aquired a very annoying front door/A pillar rattle when the car is cold (below 4 degrees) and going over bumpy surfaces. It disappears when the car warms up though.

On 01/02/2018 at 3:25 PM, DanD said:

My current NX seems to have far fewer creaks an rattles than my previous 2 RXs.

The noise coming from the rear seat of the 3RX when unoccupied was horrendous. I tried to change the angle of the backrest and to slide the seat back or forth, but it made no difference.

You would have hoped so being so much newer!

Touch wood, the only one I had was coming from the pan roof 

In the warmer weather we've been having, thats completely gone so happy me!

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Jules640 said:

My car has developed an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger front seat. Has anyone else had this? It only seems to do it when no one is in the seat.

I have this problem on my GS and I've tracked it down to the seatbelt buckle (socket), the stalk seems to allow it to vibrate. It's not that loud, but it is noticeable around town when the stereo is not on. I can shut it up for a while by pushing it as far back as it will go, but it always comes back. I'll get the dealer to look at it next time it goes in for some other work.

If you want to test this on your car, plug the seatbelt in with no-one in the passenger seat and see if it goes away.

• 4 months later...

I have just taken possession of my LC500 and the only things that I am having trouble with at the moment are associated with the media player.  I cannot get anything that I connect to either of the USB ports to be recognized. I have tried a portable disk drive; a memory stick and an SD card in a USB adapter, but nothing registers. (The USB option in the media sources screen is greyed out).  Any ideas

I also found Miracast to be difficult to set up, but I finally got Waze on the LC500 screen by downloading an app from Samsung on my Galaxy 8. It is still rather difficult to get working each time though, so I would appreciate any guidance from others who have done this,

I can't really help with these as I stream audio over BT from my Iphone (which works well) and not the sources which you list. As you will know, Miracast doesn't work with iPhones so that's no good either.

I don't wish to be rude but when I had just taken delivery of my LC500 I was more interested in driving than listening or playing with the electronic bits. ☺️ 

It may be that the files that you have stored are not in a format that the car can read.

I did have an issue where a memory stick that I was using suddenly stopped working. To fix it I deleted everything and then reformatted it on a computer and copied the files back again and it has been fine since then.

I think there are a few glitches with the Sat Nav and media player. I had a software update done on mine but that was a few months ago and so hopefully your car should be up to date anyway if it is new. 

• Thanks 1

Jules640 is right.  The USB ports cannot read modern file system formats like exFAT. The drive with the music files needs to be formatted as FAT32.  Unfortunately this limits the amount of music as it has a 32gb maximum drive size - but at least it works now,

17 hours ago, Tosh77 said:

Jules640 is right.  The USB ports cannot read modern file system formats like exFAT. The drive with the music files needs to be formatted as FAT32.  Unfortunately this limits the amount of music as it has a 32gb maximum drive size - but at least it works now,

Well that can't be true. The systems are all pretty much the same and I'm running a 64gb usb. 

There are people in the states using a 128gb drive if not more but it will take ages to load the first time. I remember someone used a 256gb drive and it took 3 days to load and then was fine.

I'm pretty sure you can have up to 9999 files. 

• 4 years later...

Cutomer with a 2018 LC500 has come in complaining that the passenger door handle is squeaky when it opens and closes (sounds like a drawn out high pitched bird chirp). Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm thinking it's going to be the motor.

11 hours ago, Caleb said:

Cutomer with a 2018 LC500 has come in complaining that the passenger door handle is squeaky when it opens and closes (sounds like a drawn out high pitched bird chirp). Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm thinking it's going to be the motor.

If you disconnect 12v Battery and manually operate the handle I believe that will move the mechanism without moving the motor so would help eliminate where the noise is coming from - but yes, it does seem to be the motor at fault from your description (although I'm not sure of the motor is available separately from the lock mechanism anyway).

image.thumb.png.c798a44ea8caa3373b16a24e9873b550.png

I’ve had my first issue… condensation in the rear view camera that takes days to clear out and ruins the functionality of the already average rear view camera.

It’s being replaced under warranty but it was an involved repair requiring the rear window to be removed! 

Dealer has so far been great.

11 hours ago, shapiro said:

I’ve had my first issue… condensation in the rear view camera that takes days to clear out and ruins the functionality of the already average rear view camera.

It’s being replaced under warranty but it was an involved repair requiring the rear window to be removed! 

Dealer has so far been great.

Seriously, they had to remove the rear window!? Given the camera's boot lid location, then I am really struggling to see why on earth any glasswork would need to be removed. I would also have thought access to it would be an extremely easy process, so overall, I am very surprised to hear this might not be the case.

As was I…. They initially had it booked in for an hour as they thought it would be easy… it apparently wasn’t and needed a fair few parts removed including the rear glass hence this is attempt 2. I didn’t have much to show for that visit accept a couple Of cups of Nespresso and more milage. 

Unrelated to this issue was my inability to send a location via Lexus link to the sat nav.

The app says it’s sent, nothing happens in the car. I force the retrieval from the setting menu and no luck. Not a huge issue as I prefer to use Waze on my phone whilst streaming music but it’s the principle. I’m guessing this is more my account set-up than anything else but I will keep you posted.

I’ll be sure to do a new (used) car owners review shortly but the car belonged to a member on here anyway!

No regrets so far, absolutely love it.

5 hours ago, shapiro said:

As was I…. They initially had it booked in for an hour as they thought it would be easy… it apparently wasn’t and needed a fair few parts removed including the rear glass hence this is attempt 2. I didn’t have much to show for that visit accept a couple Of cups of Nespresso and more milage. 

Unrelated to this issue was my inability to send a location via Lexus link to the sat nav.

The app says it’s sent, nothing happens in the car. I force the retrieval from the setting menu and no luck. Not a huge issue as I prefer to use Waze on my phone whilst streaming music but it’s the principle. I’m guessing this is more my account set-up than anything else but I will keep you posted.

I’ll be sure to do a new (used) car owners review shortly but the car belonged to a member on here anyway!

No regrets so far, absolutely love it.

Thanks for the additional detail. I do still wonder about the rear window given (I believe) it is bonded but then again they may have meant one of the rear quarter side windows.

I'd be interested in how you get on with the Lexus link app, I've tried numerous times to get it to work and even phoned my dealer for assistance only to be told they would "phone back". Once upon a time the greatest untruth was being told, "your cheque is in the post", not any longer it isn't!

The only issue I have found so far is that the drivers arm rest/cubby hole lid & mechanism was clearly built down to a price.

I never have any cables poking out of it etc, my phone sits in there plugged in - all good.... until the lead popped up a little and got trapped when the mechanism slid forward.  This made it a right pain to open and rectify, especially as I have read online all the stories from the USA where the mechanism has failed completely.  (Seems to be due to the tiny nature of a spring?)

It's not broken yet, and seems to be working fine.  (but the paranoia is there now!)

So a short update on getting the pre-existing chrome alloy wheel damage (it was very minor) repaired. The dealer initially struggled to find a place that would do it. They looked far and wide. Thanks to the contributions by members on this forum I pointed them to 2 repair outfits that might be able to do it (one in Coventry, the other in MK). The wheel is now at Coventry being repaired. Expect pics next week. If all goes well, we have another reference point for where to get stuff sorted once the when not if scenario occurs with these wheels.

Also - sending a destination via the phone to the car. The dealer originally stated it’s just not possible. But… through the perseverance of the team (an individual to be more precise), they think they cracked it. It was a setting buried deep in the menus accessed via their laptops. Further testing in progress by the dealer but if it is the fix, I’ll share the steps / changes they made as I know I’m not alone with this issue.

Next challenge - getting apple car play to work without having the strip stuff back

• 2 weeks later...

A short update. 

The car is back - the alloy was refurbed and it’s a 99% match. I’m happy with it and if you didn’t know you would never be able to tell. Will share photos but from 1 foot out it’s as good as new, a little closer and you can tell where it was refurbed by feel as opposed to sight.

But…. Not that I will use it much, I can now successfully send locations to the car via the app. Lexus Leicester had to make a setting change in the engineering menus (I’m guessing that’s a laptop connected to the PC) and hey presto. The car also alerts me to texts too now, which it didn’t before.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 6:10 PM, Malc1 said:

so how much ££££ are these wheels new to replace  ?

Malc

I think they are around £2500 each roughly 

others may know better