Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Horn Help - IS300H

Hi guys I'm wondering if anybody has a sound clip or Youtube vid of how your horn sounds. I've used mine on my 2016 for the first time last night as some drunken idiot wandered in front of me in the west end, and to be quite frank it was comical to say the least. I feel that the low tone element is not working, and before I call up Lexus I would like to conclude my own findings first. It really sounds like 'Meep Meep' roadrunner style! I watched a few car reviews on the IS350 in the states and the horn sounds alot what a horn should sound like, but cross referencing the part numbers over various websites the part number seems to be the same...

Many thanks

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lexus horns are deep and pretty loud. You're probably right in thinking the low horn isn't working.

Cheers buddy listened to it again and slightly deaf now but something is not right with the lone tone element. Anyhow.. I have ordered some Toyota Premium horns from my supplier in japan and I will get that sorted in the new year. First priority is the 2017 IS200T rear end conversion :) I shall be attacking that at the workshop next week after chrimbo. I will try to do a 'How to'  and whats involved.

The horn sounds when the alarm is going off. Might be worth keeping a window open when locked and waving your arm around.

Better yet, lock the wife in.

Good way to check if it's working rather than just loose wiring from the steering wheel input.

7 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The horn sounds when the alarm is going off. Might be worth keeping a window open when locked and waving your arm around.

Better yet, lock the wife in.

Good way to check if it's working rather than just loose wiring from the steering wheel input.

Yeah will do however the horns are daisy chained from one plug so if the steering wheel input is knackered the High tone wouldn't work either. Anyway thanks for your input matey (Y)

• 9 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 11:50 PM, BarnsEire said:

Hi, apologies for bringing up an old thread, but I have the same issue. The horn sounds like something straight out of postman pat😁.  Did you get it sorted ?

I bought some Toyota Premium Horns for the Prado etc.. Google them and theres a few thats available with sound clips and part numbers