Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Key fob issues

Hi guys

Right I drove home yesterday parked the car RX400H 2005 And locked it as always with the key fob, this morning it won't open the doors ? Or deactivate the alarm system ? 

I have changed the Battery and instead of the LED light showing bright when you push the buttons it just blinks on and off ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks in advance

John 

I'm assuming (dangerous I know...) your RX hybrid is the same as my RC in that the car, once Ready and driving, everything operates from the traction Battery. The 12v only operates the entry/locking system and powers up the computers for the hybrid start. 

Again, guessing but the alarm back-up Battery would be attached to (part of) the alarm module?

Just throwing suggestions out there ...

Change the Battery in the key fob again. Presumably, you put a brand new one in but that doesn't guarantee it wasn't faulty, even though it was new.

I may be wrong but I don't think the key receives any sort of handshake or acknowledgement from the car but simply sends a signal to the car for it to act upon. In other words, I don't think anything on or in the car is the culprit, especially as you say "I have changed the Battery and instead of the LED light showing bright when you push the buttons it just blinks on and off ?", which suggests that there isn't enough power in that Battery to light the LED and send the required signal.