Hangie

Brake pads

Hi,

Most probably I'll need to replace my front pads in the following months. Does anyone got any recommendations what to buy ?

I was thinking about EBC Redstuff ones. I never used them but got greenstuff in my previous Accord and I was happy with them.

Thanks

I'll be fitting red stuff to mine when the time comes. Reason - price of lexus pads.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Call Lexus Birmingham and ask for a discount I got mine for £65 but the biggest saving was the discs. All In was £195 and try getting that quality for that?

£65 is not bad price. As far I know stock price is closer to £90-100 area. Price it self is not a problem but fact you are paying almost £100 for standard (are they made by Textar ?) pads is :)

Redstuff got even a little bit bigger price tag of £100-110 but they are ceramic pads. As per EBC site

- + 20-25% performance gain

- quiet

- almost no dust

- gentle on the disc 

2 disadvantages are when it is very cold (way lower than UK cold) they might need a while to get to the max performance plus heat transition is a little bit lower than in metallic pads but we got quite big disc in GS and I'm not going to use car for any track days etc. Probably due to heat characteristic they are not recommended for trucks and SUV.

What about wear rate? Do they last as long as standard pads? I like the idea of less dust more than anything!

Interesting. Am also wondering whether it will prevent the slight juddering I mentioned in a previous post: 

When I bought my GS450h front discs & pads, Lexus Birmingham were selling them from their Ebay shop for £175 delivered. I told my local Lexus main dealer parts manager the Birmingham price but said I'd rather buy from him so he did them for £170, collected from from the local dealer.

This was earlier this year I think, maybe the end of last year.

Just my opinion, but I'd much rather have the real thing rather than aftermarket stuff.

Always worth asking, you've everything to gain and nothing to lose!