Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help with flasher adjustment please

3 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'l make a mental note to notice what mine does. But I'd suggest there may be a fault within the steering wheel/shaft causing that.

You could be right that there's a fault. It would be good to know what other people's cars do. If they're different I'll then know to ask for it to be fixed at the next service.

Well I tried an experiment today and was quite suprised by the result. 

If I indicate right and turn my steering wheel 90° to the left then the indicator turns off. The same happens indicating left and steering wheel to the right 90°. I have also noticed there is No mechanical click noise to state indicator turned off. I've not noticed a detant. The system must be electronic. 

I don't think there is a fault with your car. It's just how it is however bizarre it is.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for checking when the indicator cancels on your car. Sounds as though it's just the same as on mine. Thanks for taking the trouble to find out. I'd be interested to hear from owners of other makes of car to see if I'm right in thinking that indicator cancellation works properly on other makes.

My guess would be that much of the Lexus development was aimed at the American market, where until recently I believe they had hardly any roundabouts. So no-one would have noticed the indicators cancelling too soon as you went round the roundabout. Maybe the same is true of Japan. If other owners can confirm that this is an oddity unique to Lexus, maybe I could start a new thread to campaign for Toyota/Lexus to fix the problem. I know it's only an irritation but there's no need for the irritation to be there at all. It's just bad design.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Many thanks for checking when the indicator cancels on your car. Sounds as though it's just the same as on mine. Thanks for taking the trouble to find out. I'd be interested to hear from owners of other makes of car to see if I'm right in thinking that indicator cancellation works properly on other makes.

My guess would be that much of the Lexus development was aimed at the American market, where until recently I believe they had hardly any roundabouts. So no-one would have noticed the indicators cancelling too soon as you went round the roundabout. Maybe the same is true of Japan. If other owners can confirm that this is an oddity unique to Lexus, maybe I could start a new thread to campaign for Toyota/Lexus to fix the problem. I know it's only an irritation but there's no need for the irritation to be there at all. It's just bad design.

I think the MY2017 has now a mechanical switch now I've read somewhere!

I'l ask on the Ford forums if the same happens. I can' remember on the cars I've had. I'l post replies as and when. 

Yes I think Toyota / Lexus need approaching to see if they can sort this irritation out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, S88HON said:

Do you mean this Geoff? sounds like rubbing your stomach and patting your head lol

.) Ignition off, doors closed
2.) Hold the wiper switch in the full up position. (this is the wiper off position)
3.) While holding the wiper switch in the full up position, turn the IG on. (two presses of the start/stop switch)
4.) Hold wiper switch in the full up position for 5 seconds
5.) Move the wiper switch down one "click" or "notch", hold for 5 seconds
6.) Move the wiper switch back to the full up position, hold for 5 seconds
7.) Move the wiper switch down one "click" or "notch". hold for 5 seconds (same position as step 5)
8.) Move the wiper switch back to the rest position (neutral)

If this was done correctly, the right turn signal will flash once.

To adjust how many flashes you want, you change the intermittent wiper speed switch. P1 starts with the speed switch all the way at the bottom, P4 will be the top speed. This is found on the wiper stalk.

P1: 3 blinks
P2: 5 blinks
P3: 7 blinks
P4: Function turned off

Set the intermittent wiper speed to the desired setting.

Use the Turn Signal stalk and push down like you want to activate the left turn signal, the flashers should activate

If the turn signal blinks once, you change it to the "3 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks twice, you changed it to the "5 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks three times, you changed it to the "7 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks four times, you turned the function off.

Once this is done, cycle the ignition switch off, and back on, and it should be changed.

I tried this and get the one flash to confirm I am now able to set it.  But when I try to change using the intermittent control nothing seems to change?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.....

49 minutes ago, Chunky1234 said:

I tried this and get the one flash to confirm I am now able to set it.  But when I try to change using the intermittent control nothing seems to change?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.....

Tried the video below that post matey?

• 2 years later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Only having three blinks was annoying me - far too few in my humble opinion. It took a couple of attempts but I'm now on seven blinks. In my wife's Ioniq, she just goes into a menu in the car's settings. Come on Lexus, keep up at the back!

EDIT: does this change stay permanently or can things done during a service mean going through the palaver again?

11 hours ago, Mincey said:

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Only having three blinks was annoying me - far too few in my humble opinion. It took a couple of attempts but I'm now on seven blinks. In my wife's Ioniq, she just goes into a menu in the car's settings. Come on Lexus, keep up at the back!

EDIT: does this change stay permanently or can things done during a service mean going through the palaver again?

Set mine to 5 blinks about three years ago.

Never lost that setting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matt8 said:

Set mine to 5 blinks about three years ago.

Never lost that setting.

Excellent - thanks. I'm glad I'll only have to go through that palaver once.

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2017 at 7:04 PM, Andrew888 said:

Do you mean this Geoff? sounds like rubbing your stomach and patting your head lol

.) Ignition off, doors closed
2.) Hold the wiper switch in the full up position. (this is the wiper off position)
3.) While holding the wiper switch in the full up position, turn the IG on. (two presses of the start/stop switch)
4.) Hold wiper switch in the full up position for 5 seconds
5.) Move the wiper switch down one "click" or "notch", hold for 5 seconds
6.) Move the wiper switch back to the full up position, hold for 5 seconds
7.) Move the wiper switch down one "click" or "notch". hold for 5 seconds (same position as step 5)
8.) Move the wiper switch back to the rest position (neutral)

If this was done correctly, the right turn signal will flash once.

To adjust how many flashes you want, you change the intermittent wiper speed switch. P1 starts with the speed switch all the way at the bottom, P4 will be the top speed. This is found on the wiper stalk.

P1: 3 blinks
P2: 5 blinks
P3: 7 blinks
P4: Function turned off

Set the intermittent wiper speed to the desired setting.

Use the Turn Signal stalk and push down like you want to activate the left turn signal, the flashers should activate

If the turn signal blinks once, you change it to the "3 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks twice, you changed it to the "5 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks three times, you changed it to the "7 flashes" setting
If the turn signal blinks four times, you turned the function off.

Once this is done, cycle the ignition switch off, and back on, and it should be changed.

I tried this today on my IS300h and it worked. I did try it a few weeks ago, but I got mixed up with the full up and one notch down positions, I was allowing the lever to go back to centre. 

Thanks for the info. Now, all I need to know is how to get the car to move forward! 

😁