Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navik phone screen mirroring for Lexus GS450H

Hi all,

I'm very interested in the hardware provided by Navik which supports Android and Iphone screen mirroring. They are based in USA and looking at some YouTube videos looks like an incredibly good upgrade. It is apparently easy to install too. 

My question is, has anyone on the forum used or seen this before?

Mark

In the absence of Lexus refusing to allow apple Car Play or Andriod auto, this may be the only alternative for Lexus drivers.

Could you post a link of such videos in order that people can form their opinions.

Being an American product, it will be good if they have a U.K. distributor in order to take care of installation and warranty issues.

the description read plug and play but it is not clear what the unit will be plugging into on the car.

9 hours ago, SpeedyGee said:

The Lexus Sat Navs mostly have a GVIF (Gigabit Video InterFace) so I assume it plugs into that. 

Hi Speedy

for us who are not so geeky, can you explain where to find this GVIF in the car? Is it located on the dashboard or inside the dashboard  in which case will be difficult to reach

Hi Banji, 

If you were asking me any question about Hondas, I'd very likely know the answer in great detail, having owned and worked on tons of Hondas for many many years. 

From everything from CarPC installations, gearbox rebuilds with modified ratios, full engine rebuilds for performance gains to wicked LPG installs. 

With Lexus's I'm actually pretty new to it all myself.

I am, however, looking into getting an Android device mirrored onto the Sat Nav screen of a GS 450H. 

As soon as I've sussed it all out myself I will for sure share my findings on here. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SpeedyGee said:

Hi Banji, 

If you were asking me any question about Hondas, I'd very likely know the answer in great detail, having owned and worked on tons of Hondas for many many years. 

From everything from CarPC installations, gearbox rebuilds with modified ratios, full engine rebuilds for performance gains to wicked LPG installs. 

With Lexus's I'm actually pretty new to it all myself.

I am, however, looking into getting an Android device mirrored onto the Sat Nav screen of a GS 450H. 

As soon as I've sussed it all out myself I will for sure share my findings on here. 

Thanks will look forward to it. Another product for screen mirroring I had looked into previously is called Beat Sonic. Also very popular on the US market. I lost interest simply because it's installation  involves taking the dashboard apart hence why am keen to know more about a plug and play system this Navik system is offering. 

Please update if once you have more info. Regards

Here is a product from a other company i think i does the same but it is much cheaper for both products you need connection kit for the handy.

https://car-solutions.com/en/gvif-interface-for-lexus-toyota-land-rover-nissan-jaguar.php

Yes I've seen that one. Currently looks like the most viable one. 

Will spend some time researching over Christmas period. 

The attached PDF is from that site and shows how to determine if your Lexus has the GVIF interface.

How_to_define_GVIF_CarSolutions_EN.pdf