Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot passed for another year, but needed handbrake cables and shoes. Advisory for slight corrosion on front to rear brake pipe. Oil and filter change done at same time - Mobil 1 0/40 and Lexus filter.  Quite pleased really as it's done 168,106 miles now. It could do with some cleaning and painting underneath, but apart from that it's still looking good. Not many of these cars left now as they get snapped up for their engines.

I've just bought another toy, so Lexus use may get less.

Pete

chevy22.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, plastic orange said:

Mot passed for another year, but needed handbrake cables and shoes. Advisory for slight corrosion on front to rear brake pipe. Oil and filter change done at same time - Mobil 1 0/40 and Lexus filter.  Quite pleased really as it's done 168,106 miles now. It could do with some cleaning and painting underneath, but apart from that it's still looking good. Not many of these cars left now as they get snapped up for their engines.

I've just bought another toy, so Lexus use may get less.

Pete

chevy22.jpg

Well done, but I would swap that for 10 Lexus any day, beautiful!

30 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

Peter, what is it? Details please.

Reminds me of my father's 1953 Ford Customline, especially with the sun shade and aero mascot.

Every home should have one!

A 1950's Chevvy would be my guess.

It's a 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air. It's fitted with modern running gear - 6 litre chevrolet LS derived engine (LQ4) and should do 10mpg better than the original 6 cylinder engine, plus be slightly quicker.

It was imported from sunny california in 2014 as it is, and I bought it from the guy that imported it 2 weeks ago. It needs a few small things attended to, but it is rust free and is as good in the flesh as the pics. It's an inch shorter than an LS, 3 inches wider and a good bit higher and actually weighs about 300kg less. As it's got 375 bhp it should be quicker too.

Pete

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, plastic orange said:

It's a 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air. It's fitted with modern running gear - 6 litre chevrolet LS derived engine (LQ4) and should do 10mpg better than the original 6 cylinder engine, plus be slightly quicker.

It was imported from sunny california in 2014 as it is, and I bought it from the guy that imported it 2 weeks ago. It needs a few small things attended to, but it is rust free and is as good in the flesh as the pics. It's an inch shorter than an LS, 3 inches wider and a good bit higher and actually weighs about 300kg less. As it's got 375 bhp it should be quicker too.

Pete

Oh wow, that sounds perfect - well done

Not really, but I'd been looking at getting an american car for a while to take grandkids to shows as my V8 Minors are only really 2 seaters. I wanted something that could safely cruise with modern traffic and be reliable - and had to look good too. I travelled 425 miles from me to get it.

Pete