Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Membership Issues

ableleggale

Since I joined as a platinum member many years ago. I still notice after all these years that Platinum Cards were never produced? Why not considering the amount paid in membership fees? Secondly, Discount Cards? How is it when (for the first time) I come to use my card am I told that my card is fake and that it should have a bar code on it and have a logo such as Halfords on it? Finally, why am I considered to be a new member when ive been a member since 2004?

If new cards were issued then why was I not sent one? To say I'm not impressed considering it was a triple figured membership fee is an understatement.

Clearly this needs to be put right by the Club's owner and a good explanation as to why it happened in the first place?

I look forward to the Club's response by return.

• 1 year later...

... and nearly two years down the line.... no comment or response from this 'Steve', as claimed to have been alerted to my post. 

I may not contribute in posts, but I paid a considerable amount to obtain a Platinum Membership and for what.... I certainly haven't managed to obtain any discounts being a member. I was informed that a 'Gold Card' would be sent... Gold? Bit of an insult considering the fee paid was in the the three figures. One thing is for sure, I will not be renewing or supporting.

Seems to me that you've only made 10 posts in two years.

Admin and mods should have gotten their fingers out, fair enough, but I would suggest that you could have reminded them about the situation rather more than you have, so it's not all their fault.

Got to be honest and say that I didn't even know that 'Platinum Membership' even existed, not that I would have had it, mind.

5 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Seems to me that you've only made 10 posts in two years.

Admin and mods should have gotten their fingers out, fair enough, but I would suggest that you could have reminded them about the situation rather more than you have, so it's not all their fault.

Got to be honest and say that I didn't even know that 'Platinum Membership' even existed, not that I would have had it, mind.

Firstly 'Herbie', not everyone lives their life on the internet. Perhaps my work and social life does not give graciously to post, say, compared to that of your goodself?

Secondly, i'll extract the part where you say, and I quote "it's not all their fault" ... 
a: Then whose fault is it when a member pays for a 15 year membership and has reasonable expectations that the site will deliver on it's promises?
b: Given your stated opinion; It's ok for them to take my money and give me a 'title' but yet do not send on the benefits awarded other members who haven't supported this site?

My final point is that a member of 'Staff' has also brought this post to the attention of 'Steve', yet, no communication from him, either through this site or via direct email.
It makes no difference how many times a person should post or over what period of time, there is a degree of expectation in that I should be afforded the same courtesy of services and discounts afforded other members.

Like I said, I paid a considerable amount to support this site. Professionalism and customer service costs nothing.

• Like 1

Herbie... just to demonstrate a point. I was told that I would be given access to everything that a Gold Member has, plus additional benefits when they were organised, including a Platinum Membership as the Platinum Membership would be developed, same as that of Gold Membership... So I took these screen snips less than 10 minutes ago; I get this response on every discount and I certainly have never been sent a Halfords Discount Card... a picture paints a thousand words, here's three.

Best Western - Lexus.PNG

EBC - Lexus.PNG

Halfords Lexus.PNG

Now time to return to the real life outside of the internet and before I sustain a coronary from excessive posting... Have a great day 'Herbie'.

Hi Steve, I was the Admin who said I would report it to Steve. I never heard anything else from you untill today. Had you of said that you still haven't heard from Steve I would have got back to Steve immediately as I will now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bluesman said:

Hi Steve, I was the Admin who said I would report it to Steve. I never heard anything else from you untill today. Had you of said that you still haven't heard from Steve I would have got back to Steve immediately as I will now.

Hi Mike ... I appreciate your interaction on this post - yet again, thank you. 

However, this should not require you to have to effectively remind or chase Steve to deal with this issue, regardless of the time frame, it should have been dealt with. It is the responsibility of the site owner - Steve - to deal with matters expediently as they are brought to his attention, not simply disregarded or forgotten about. Members have a degrees of expectation and for the site to deliver what it promises, not to have to chase them, regardless of time frame.  That is just my opinion perhaps, none the less, I feel it has validity. 

Steve

4 minutes ago, ableleggale said:

Hi Mike ... I appreciate your interaction on this post - yet again, thank you. 

However, this should not require you to have to effectively remind or chase Steve to deal with this issue, regardless of the time frame, it should have been dealt with. It is the responsibility of the site owner - Steve - to deal with matters expediently as they are brought to his attention, not simply disregarded or forgotten about. Members have a degrees of expectation and for the site to deliver what it promises, not to have to chase them, regardless of time frame.  That is just my opinion perhaps, none the less, I feel it has validity. 

Steve

Hi Steve, I understand your frustration with the position you find yourself in. I have already sent Steve an email asking him to contact you. If you haven't heard anything in the next 24 hrs get back to me. Regards Mike.

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

Hi Steve, I understand your frustration with the position you find yourself in. I have already sent Steve an email asking him to contact you. If you haven't heard anything in the next 24 hrs get back to me. Regards Mike.

Hi Mike

On this occasion I will be available to follow this up, if I have not been contacted by Steve. I will update this post accordingly.

Regards

Steve

@ableleggale this is the first time i have seen this brought to my attention. It was probably missed as I get hundreds a day. Apologise for this.

However, there is contact forms within the site if you needed to ping emails.

As for Platinum cards we never made these as no one apart from a few actually signed up to platinum. Yes we should of let you know. We messed up.

As for the fake cards.. we don't hand out fake cards. Sounds like the card you are using is the actual wrong card. I will happily send you a new Halfords card.

Let me get this sorted for you, also make sure you get an update and make sure you get the right access. I will sort something for you asap.

I will email you now.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

lol You got both barrels Herbie. Or should I say 'Herbie' :biggrin:

I did indeed - but I've got broad shoulders and can take it  :laughing:

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

Hi Mike

Indeed, having only seen this for the first time... Steve has indeed emailed me on this issue. Once again, thank you for your interaction.

Regards

Steve