Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Merry CHristmas and thanks santa

Merry Christmas guys.

I don't know if anyone will read this before santa comes...one sleep so im told.

I have small problem I am hoping someone might have had (not that im wishing bad things on you) I have a coolant leak It seems to be emptying the expansion tank and the water & steam is coming from I think under the power steering pump tbh its been a tough year with this car and im on the verge of going out today if i can find a place open and just buying a toyota yaris lol

thanks for reading this guys have a good one

Merry Christmas🍻🎅

Sounds like a bottom hose or radiator leak forcing water and steam out in the steering pump area.

I can’t remember how the reservoir return is routed. To get a good view you need to either remove the lower engine cover or the plastic covers, air channel at the top of the engine.

You should see coloured powdery deposits from  the leak area and if lucky dripping coolant and evidence of said leak.

Now I’m assuming your engine is running fine and there’s no water in the oil if you check the oil level or signs of salad cream deposit like stuff in the neck of the oil filler cap: that would point to a blown head gasket on the bank on that side. 

Have a good look with a torch...thermostat area and under...check water pump gasket as it’s a biggish area and anything coming from the engine might point to that.

🧐

Merry Christmas🍻🎅

Sounds like a bottom hose or radiator leak forcing water and steam out in the steering pump area.

I can’t remember how the reservoir return is routed. To get a good view you need to either remove the lower engine cover or the plastic covers, air channel at the top of the engine.

You should see coloured powdery deposits from  the leak area and if lucky dripping coolant and evidence of said leak.

Now I’m assuming your engine is running fine and there’s no water in the oil if you check the oil level or signs of salad cream deposit like stuff in the neck of the oil filler cap: that would point to a blown head gasket on the bank on that side. 

Have a good look with a torch...thermostat area and under...check water pump gasket as it’s a biggish area and anything coming from the engine might point to that.

🧐

HI guys thanks for you help today 

My wife spotted the hole as I squeezed away furiously on the coolant hoses, It was in a pipe that runs to and from the LPG kit box thingy, I didn't know It would need cooling but hey ho.

So after a mad dash to a car spares place that was mercifully open till  1pm a few hours later and it was sorted.

Merry Christmas guys hope you have no car problems this holiday

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links