Recommended Posts

My own NX 300h Sport has been with Lexus for the past three months - long story :wacko:. Anyway, I finally collected it on Saturday, and now have the side-steps fitted. I really like the look of these - I had similar on my Honda CR-V - and they may even stop some of the mud from splattering the sides of the car. Although it will instead collect on the bottom of the steps! Ho hum...

As an added bonus, these were a no-cost 'gift' from Lexus UK as an apology for the issues I've had. They are also providing a free set of alloys that I can use as my 'Winter' set. Safe to say they are VERY sorry for my experience...:yes:

I thought I'd share a picture in case anybody else was considering these. Happy Christmas to all!

 

fullsizeoutput_302.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi Ed - sorry to hear you’ve had lengthy problems with your NX. If you recall I had one years problem with my CR-V before it was finally resolved, so I know what you’ve gone through. Glad to see Lexus have come up,with some compensation.

I’m not a great fan of side steps, but you had positive results re your CR- V and side steps.

Hope your and yours have a very Merry Christmas and every good wish for 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My side steps were on there when I bought it. I quite like them to be honest. 

20170720_125002.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've the side steps fitted, or should I say they were already fitted to my f-sport I agree they look really good,  but when I'm getting out the car in the garage I always end up getting the back of my trousers or jeans mucking. 

So I've been toying with the idea of taking them off.

Has anybody removed them? 

What's everybody's thoughts? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2017 at 9:47 PM, as13 said:

I've the side steps fitted, or should I say they were already fitted to my f-sport I agree they look really good,  but when I'm getting out the car in the garage I always end up getting the back of my trousers or jeans mucking. 

So I've been toying with the idea of taking them off.

Has anybody removed them? 

What's everybody's thoughts? 

Having now had them fitted for a week, I have found that - as I hoped - less mud and muck gets onto the bottoms of the doors. That's a good enough reason to leave them on imho, especially living in rural Wiltshire where mud on the roads is the norm...:wallbash:

I'm sure if you did take them off @as13there'd be at least a few members wanting to buy them off you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember trying this out some time ago when I was looking at a used NX, they seem to be quite rare on the used market. I found it helped me climbing aboard, by first stepping onto it (with my right foot I think) before stepping into the car, but when I tried to exit the the car I remember it was difficult to see the step from the driver's seat and so I got down in one (rather large single jump) step from the car to the ground, thus avoiding this aid. So is there an easy way that you can step onto this, when leaving the car, to make the descent easier, instead of more difficult, ( as I found it tended to get in the way )? 

On my 400h I use the spare memory seat position to set the seat in the lowest position and further back too, so I have the easiest entry and exit route. The second seat position is optimised for my driving of course so I select this once aboard. When I want to leave, I select the lower position and then it is also optimised for my next entry. When I remove the ignition key, the steering wheel also retracts automatically too of course, thus making it even easier for getting in and out.

 I have had sciatica twice now and then I find it far easier to get into an SUV, so I would always choose this body style now of course. It is always in my left leg, so I think it would have been very difficult to operate a clutch with a manual gearbox !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit I quite like sidesteps on an NX. They look great in my eyes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, fogey said:

I remember trying this out some time ago when I was looking at a used NX, they seem to be quite rare on the used market. I found it helped me climbing aboard, by first stepping onto it (with my right foot I think) before stepping into the car, but when I tried to exit the the car I remember it was difficult to see the step from the driver's seat and so I got down in one (rather large single jump) step from the car to the ground, thus avoiding this aid. So is there an easy way that you can step onto this, when leaving the car, to make the descent easier, instead of more difficult, ( as I found it tended to get in the way )? 

On my 400h I use the spare memory seat position to set the seat in the lowest position and further back too, so I have the easiest entry and exit route. The second seat position is optimised for my driving of course so I select this once aboard. When I want to leave, I select the lower position and then it is also optimised for my next entry. When I remove the ignition key, the steering wheel also retracts automatically too of course, thus making it even easier for getting in and out.

 I have had sciatica twice now and then I find it far easier to get into an SUV, so I would always choose this body style now of course. It is always in my left leg, so I think it would have been very difficult to operate a clutch with a manual gearbox !

I've had the pain of sciatica for many a year and changing to an auto saved me more in chiropractor bills and a lot less in the back pains

That was mainly in saloon cars now i've gone to the NX as it's far easier getting in and out and again I'm hoping to stretch out the chiropractor even more, £45 a session for 30 minutes isn't cheap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the sidesteps cost and are they easy to fit as a DIY job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

@bluenose1940

No idea on the fitting side of things, but genuine side-steps are available on eBay from a Lexus dealer for £360.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-NX300h-200t-Side-Steps/332554743074?epid=1354709453&hash=item4d6dcead22:g:y6wAAOSwa-dWne02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

@bluenose1940

No idea on the fitting side of things, but genuine side-steps are available on eBay from a Lexus dealer for £360.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-NX300h-200t-Side-Steps/332554743074?epid=1354709453&hash=item4d6dcead22:g:y6wAAOSwa-dWne02

I bought these from this source a little while back, I haven't fitted them as yet, but the supplied instructions seem pretty straight forward.....I hope  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at taking mine off

@bluenose1940

But when I saw the fitting instructions with all the holes that need drilling and treating I've decided against that for a while

I did see on this site an instruction guide on installation for side steps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to blenheim palace today what a day? crap event and nearly crap all over the car but the side steps actually kept the loads of mud of the car,.

As I was driving away all i could hear was the mud splattering everywhere but when I got home not much mud had gone over the car,

So that was my chance for a quick clean

20180217_155929.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bluenose1940

Here's the fitting instructions, I can't attach the PDF from my tablet. 

I could email it to you if you want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your front tyres look a bit like slicks Andy? Or is it just the photo making them look like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Your front tyres look a bit like slicks Andy? Or is it just the photo making them look like that?

Yeah they're slicks Paul just waiting for stock to arrive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now