Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Best Engine Oil

There might be a thread already about the best engine oil for is300h. If so, accept my apologies.

I am looking for the best engine oil for is300h... I have read on forums that 0W-20 is the best for hybrids (meaning by that prius). But my service book gives me quite a few options including the above mentioned.

I am still confused if Toyota 0w20 would work fine for Is300h?

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanka guys!

Cheers and Merry Xmas! 13e7f2df6573e1c15871b26f1887c926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, S88HON said:

Quite laughable what 'Lexus' sell their own branded oil for.. I think 80 quid for 5 litres lol

Price isn't too bad for a main dealer. 

Toyota motor oil is made by exxon Mobil. Their 0w-20 oil for 5l would retail for £60. 

Even ecp sell their triple qx oil 0w20 for £51 for 5l

Toyota motor oil is made by exxon mobil. Their 0w-20 oil for 5l would retail for £60. 
But Toyota one is available in 43£ for 5l from eBay... Much cheaper than lexus trade mark... I know a mechanic who does the service for me and infront of my eyes. I just have to provide him with all the parts. He would take his labor and service is done... This is the most suitable way of servicing I have found... Even the main dealers sometimes would charge you for a thong without even doing it. I know few cases about Toyota ons but I don't know about Lexus. But they are the same basically, aren't they?

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Toyota motor oil is made by exxon mobil. Their 0w-20 oil for 5l would retail for £60. 

I have plenty of Honda Green Hybrid here lol.. Triple QX 51 quid from Euro Car Farce is about 30 quid plus vat on my trade account

19 hours ago, Rashi said:

But Toyota one is available in 43£ for 5l from Ebay... Much cheaper than lexus trade mark... I know a mechanic who does the service for me and infront of my eyes. I just have to provide him with all the parts. He would take his labor and service is done... This is the most suitable way of servicing I have found... Even the main dealers sometimes would charge you for a thong without even doing it. I know few cases about Toyota ons but I don't know about Lexus. But they are the same basically, aren't they?

That's fair enough.  Problem with eBay is there's load of fakes running about. Anything branded is likely to be fake if not from an approved seller. 

The Lexus price can probably be negotiated for the oil - they give decent discounts 

Lexus don't tend to find work. That's just BMW, Audi and Merc. Merc said I need to replace an intercooler when a pipe was blocked for £1k. I changed the pipe for £80

• Like 1

Okay. Even from the Toyota shop the oil is cheaper than the Lexus one if one is concerned about the oil being fake on eBay... So I would go for the Toyota 0w20 rather than Lexus.

I had a look on the Castrol site to see what oil they recommend. What gets me is I'm gobsmacked why a none turbo engine needs fully synthetic oil. 

Castrol suggest a 5w20 fully synthetic. 

Me? I put Zx1 in my car as soon as I got it home (as I've done with all my cars since I first saw the stuff) and I'll use a semi synthetic oil when the time comes which is more than capable of lubricating the is300h engine.

13 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I had a look on the Castrol site to see what oil they recommend. What gets me is I'm gobsmacked why a none turbo engine needs fully synthetic oil. 

Castrol suggest a 5w20 fully synthetic. 

Me? I put Zx1 in my car as soon as I got it home (as I've done with all my cars since I first saw the stuff) and I'll use a semi synthetic oil when the time comes which is more than capable of lubricating the is300h engine.

Many modern engines require fully synthetic oil.

For the IS300H I presume fully synthetic is recommended as the thinner oil and better consistency is for improved fuel economy.

Personally I wouldn't use semi synthetic oil. It would probably any kind of warranty on the engine.

• Like 1

I agree with Ryan... Actually it is the viscosity of the oil that matters with hybrid run engines... The thinner the better. I have dug into Prius engines and 0w20 is highly recommended because of the nature of the engine... Even if you go to Lexus for servicing and ask them which oil they are going to use the answer would be 0w20. On the other side the manual does permit you with other grades... There's nothing wrong with other grades... But the question is which of them is the best...

There's nothing wrong with other grades... But the question is which of them is the best...

Easiest thing to do is watch an explanation than type it out. But in essence use the grade your manual states for your temperature exposure. No need to over think it. Highly paid engineers have done that for you.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk