Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing mirrors stopped working

The wing mirrors have stopped working on my car.  They were working perfectly up until this morning.  I have made sure that the switch is in the 'auto' position and I have tried it with the L and R switches engaged and also not engaged but still they won't fold when the doors are locked.  Is there anything else that I might have accidentally touched that would stop them from folding?

Tried everything this morning but they still won't fold on locking.  The switch is set to auto and I have tried the 'L' and 'R' switched on and have also tried it with them off, i.e. neutral but, still not working. 

The mirrors do fold in when I do it  with the manual button

Methinks summat is busted.

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Adrian28 said:

Are you using the same key, some of the memory functions are stored to the key. If you use a different key, some of the things that normally work, may not. Just a thought.

Thanks for this suggestion Adrian but I never use the key fob to lock or unlock my car. I only ever use the smart entry/exit.

Somethings not right.

This particular car seems to have a lot of electrical gremlins. 

Id be inclined to send it back tbh - first parking sensors and now this - me thinks someone's been messing with the electrics.

6 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Yep the car is still under the dealers warranty.  I have informed them so will be hoping to get it sorted at the same time as the parking sensors.

It's very very odd. Reason I say that is these issues are extremely rare and shouldn't be happening at all. Parking sensors especially are simple things. Wing mirrors also. 

Did you buy from a Lexus dealer? 

• 6 years later...

I figured it out. So I had previously opened my door panels to install new door speakers. When I reinstalled the door panels back on, I didn’t properly reinstall the door locking cable mechanism to one of the doors. So when I went to lock my car, it senses that one door isn't locking itself and therefore doesn’t engage the folding mirrors. Thank god it wasn’t an electrical issue. 

To verify that was the issue before I uninstalled the door panel, I manually locked the door from the inside then closed all the doors and  used my key fob to lock the car and sure enough it worked. Mirrors folded closed! 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 8:00 PM, Zotto said:

You have to leave the mirror command switch on R or L.

No you don't.
You leave the mirror door switch in the centre for both mirrors and make sure your settings are to auto.