Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Long LC Review

@malcolmw Of course I fully understand that, I've had the pleasure of extended test drives in bother the V8 and the hybrid and thought they were cracking cars, in their own way.

IMO the LC is without doubt one of the most striking cars available for sale today and if Mrs Rat were to say to me go on never mind another property to refurb................. now there's two chances of that happening......... and you know both ☹️

Big Rat

Yes, this is a very interesting review which sheds a lot of light on the design and performance.

I have also had extended test drives of both the V8 and Hybrid and I would pretty much go along with the comments about how the 5 litre engine delivers its power in a " smooth and gentle" way until you really get the revs up thus making it easy to drive in the real world of UK roads. Also interesting was the comments about the 21 inch wheels. I am getting the 20 inch on mine so we will see if the ride is further improved.

Not long now...

Well, I haven't got my LC500 yet but I have been driving a 4RX for some time which, I assume, has similar functionality of "gadgets". All just my opinion, of course...

- ACC - works pretty well but still not yet in sync with my own foot on the pedals. You need to set the distance from the car in front to suit your driving style.

- There is no "autopilot" (whatever that is).

- Lane assist - I never use it as it is so annoying.

- RTCA - works OK and is unobtrusive.

- AHBC - pretty useless in rural areas. I leave it switched off.

the only annoying thing i have found is when another car gives way to you and lets you come through a gap the car thinks your going to hit it head on and you get the word "BRAKE" come up, and a annoying BEEP, i have managed to alter the sensitivity so it doest happen quite as ofteren now. 

every thing else works great