Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200h

zerberud

Hi there,

I am considering buying a 2011 ct200h driven below 60k, I have been trying to find the cost for hybrid battery's and wondering how different the service cost would be from a 3rd gen prius. My brother in law has a prius and his cost have been about £250 for servicing.

Anything I should look out for?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Hello Jay and welcome to the LOC.

As Rayaans has mentioned all the information regarding servicing is available on the following link, included in the service is a written hybrid health check.

Regarding the hybrid Battery these are generally reliable but should a problem occur there are now companies who will rebuild them at a fraction of the cost of a new replacement.

Just ensure the car has a full service history and check the previous MOT history on the government website.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/

Good luck with your search.

1 hour ago, zerberud said:

Is the warranty for the hybrid battery still valid if the car had one service not from lexus in the past.

I think one has to simply get a hybrid health check done by Lexus to extend the warranty for another 10k miles or 1yr, done annually up until the car is 10yrs old 

No but then I wouldn't buy a CT full stop.

That aside, I would advise to only consider it if the seller had the car health checked by Lexus first and provided a warranty backed by a 3rd party

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I bought a ct200h from the lexus dealer and it was manufacturer approved. however now after a short drive and I turn off the car the car won't go into D. I am having the put car into P and it won't go into D unless I turn the car off and then on again. Should I take it to a local dealer?

I got the car from a distant dealer however I want to take it to my local one.

They mentioned £180 for diagnostics and investigation, however I have extended warranty.

Alan / @Ala Larj hehe, I had to read Jay's post several times to understand what is being asked and I still don't know why! :huh: Or maybe man-flu has a stronger hold today than I thought.

I've been pondering the question and wonder if Jay / @zerberud is used to using a manual gearbox car and wants to put the vehicle in gear when parking?

But with auto's the gearbox locks up in Park.

Dropping and auto into Drive when leaving the vehicle parked is not a good idea as it's likely to roll away.  If you don't have the foot/park brake enabled :wink3: