Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Does anyone know or have some link to any minor changes in the current GS ? I've noticed that 2014 premier got different alloys compared to 2012 and 2013. Is there any more changes before main lift in 2016 ? 

I'm more and more tempted to replace my current 2010 model with something newer. BTW if anyone like high milaages bargains give me a shout as I might want to sell mine soon.

The infotainment got a minor upgrade sometime in 2014 /15 - the newer version (of the Premium Nav) has Wi-fi and Street View amongst other things. I don't know the exact date this happened - the manual for the new version was dated July 2014, but my car was registered in November 2014 and it has the old setup. 

At some point, I think they also got rid of the small screen in lower-spec models and put the 12.3" in as standard - this might not have been until the 2016 facelift. The 450h Premier also gained a HUD - early cars didn't have one as standard, unlike the 300h Premier.

Honestjohn report is not saying too much beside the well known fact. I'm more after details like Jay has mentioned or something like in 2012 something was faulty and later models got it fixed (like oil pump in mk3).

I've also noticed that some models in rest of the EU got heated steering wheel and night vision was that even an option in the UK ?

My 2014 Premier has rear blinds, entertainment controls in the rear armrest and HUD. It doesn't have LKA or heater steering wheel or night vision. I think those were options that the tight fisted previous owner never put on my car! I also have 18 way adjustable front seats both with memory and ottoman thingy on the passenger side which I think was standard.

Bear in mind same year (2014) GS450h and GS300h will have different options e.g. when GS300h was introduced it was kind of half-facelifted in comparison with same year GS450h which continued to be same as older models (not sure if that was unsold stock or update on 450h started later).

I've done some research and it looks like in:

May/2012 - leaking heater was fixed

Oct/2013 - new ECU software to avoid misfires which could destroy cat

April/2014 - suspension was retuned + new AVS software as old setup could produce some vibrations

Beside above I've also noticed that HUD wasn't very common until 2014 so maybe it was added then. Additionally is there any benefit beside online search by connecting sat nav to the Internet via phone ? It would be nice if it could fetch the more accurate traffic data via this medium.

I think the adaptive cruise and pre-crash system package was the only option above Premier spec. I don't think it was commonly chosen but it's no great loss. I've driven a 2016 model with ACC and it slowed me right down on a dual carriageway because a car ahead was braking on a sliproad, which rather destroyed my confidence in it.

I don't think night vision and heated steering wheel were ever offered in the UK, despite featuring in the UK user manual. I hate it when manufacturers do that. It's like Jim Bowen on Bullseye doing the 'here's what you could have won' thing. I'd love a heated wheel! 

Regarding the benefit of the later nav system's more advanced phone connection, I am biased because I think the Nav system is utter garbage anyway, but I'm not sure the later system offers any real benefit. The traffic info is still delivered via radio (RDS-TMC) or DAB (TPEG) even on the more 'connected' system, and the Street View thing is just a weird gimmick. However, given that it is impossible to achieve even the basic internet connectivity offered on the earlier system unless you have the right phone (which apparently doesn't include anything by Apple) then I suppose the later one should at least offer a better chance of getting connected in the first place as it uses a different protocol.

As Linas notes, the year of the car doesn't guarantee a particular system or option being in place, as some will not have been registered for a long time after manufacture. Dealers will also likely have no clue about the details so asking them won't help - I've seen cars advertised with ACC/PCS that are not fitted with that option at all. If you're looking at adverts you can sometimes tell by interior photos if the HUD is present (extra buttons on the dash to the right of the wheel), or if the ACC/PCS is fitted (extra buttons on the steering wheel). However, it's not easy to spot the later nav system just from a photo as the interface looks the same. If you're viewing a car, you could access the Info section and see if Street View is shown as an option. Earlier cars will just have traffic and parking.

Hope that's helpful. Happy hunting! 

27 minutes ago, Ten Ninety said:

I don't think night vision and heated steering wheel were ever offered in the UK, despite featuring in the UK user manual. I hate it when manufacturers do that. It's like Jim Bowen on Bullseye doing the 'here's what you could have won' thing. I'd love a heated wheel!

One of my pet hates is blanks instead of buttons. A constant reminder that you haven't got the best spec!

Oh yes, blanks buttons are the worst think for me too. With the HUD and nightvission though I've noticed the buttons are missing. 

My old 2008 Accord got ACC,PCS,LKAS and it was nice feature especially while driving 600miles+ during one day on the motorway. I believe older system relies on the DUN Bluetooth profile which should be supported by apple but I haven't double checked that.

Thanks for all the answers.