Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h headlamp self levelling issue

I had the issue with the AFS light flashing and found the linkage had snapped. The car was due a service and had the cambelt and water pump replaced at the same time, so couldn’t afford to fix the AFS issue. The dealer said they had ‘manually’ set the headlights to a suitable height until such time that I got it repaired. In the meantime I’ve sourced a linkage and fitted it. The AFS light is now off, but the headlights don’t automatically adjust as they used to. When I used to switch them on you could see the lights self levelling. Does anybody have any ideas if I can reset the headlights to enable them to work as they should? Thanks.

I suspect the leveling sensor has rusted and jammed and this was why the linkage broke. They tend to let water in through the seals.  New ones are available on eBay.  I got mine from USA for about £80 inc shipping.  Fitting is quite easy but easier if you take off the o/s rear wheel.

Thanks for the reply katabrontes.

The dealer did tell me the sensor was functional but they have to replace the sensor and linkage as one. The linkage had seized and subsequently snapped. I’m assuming that if the sensor was faulty the AFS light would be on, which it currently isn’t?