Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Coventry GSF??

17 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Parked next to it is the Blue one from above. Just ignore the bleating from the boot (and the DANGER, ASBESTOS signs).

Or the banging and shouts of help from the boot..........its only Dav...............:biggrin:

• Like 1

bit off topic but last week I was checking on my little beauty giving it a start up( I don't drive it in winter) my garage is located away from my house anyway long story short there was a guy who I immediately had a bad feeling about so shut the garage door and forgot about it. Woke up early the next day took the dog for a walk past the garage and someone had tried to pry the door open at the top with what I presume was a crowbar,luckily ive installed heavy duty padlocks either side otherwise it would be gone, if anyone's aware garage doors with the locking mechanism at the top are not the best at securing and can be opened in seconds! I'd really like to wire the door handle to the mains incase they try again 

1 hour ago, Northern isf said:

bit off topic but last week I was checking on my little beauty giving it a start up( I don't drive it in winter) my garage is located away from my house anyway long story short there was a guy who I immediately had a bad feeling about so shut the garage door and forgot about it. Woke up early the next day took the dog for a walk past the garage and someone had tried to pry the door open at the top with what I presume was a crowbar,luckily ive installed heavy duty padlocks either side otherwise it would be gone, if anyone's aware garage doors with the locking mechanism at the top are not the best at securing and can be opened in seconds! I'd really like to wire the door handle to the mains incase they try again 

Scum.

i always thought that Fs did not attract  the eyes of thieves, but after a conversation with Ratster, he pointed out that cars can end up overseas or broken for parts 😢

At the end of the day, there’s only so much you can do to deter them. There’s also the argument of not making it too hard. I’d rather see my car missing in the morning than have scum rummaging round my house at 3am looking for keys. Having had this before, it’s not a nice experience.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Scum.

i always thought that Fs did not attract  the eyes of thieves, but after a conversation with Ratster, he pointed out that cars can end up overseas or broken for parts 😢

At the end of the day, there’s only so much you can do to deter them. There’s also the argument of not making it too hard. I’d rather see my car missing in the morning than have scum rummaging round my house at 3am looking for keys. Having had this before, it’s not a nice experience.

It's funny you should say that my dad came over to help me fix the door and he said " I reckon it's the extra padlocks you've put on that's attracted the little blighters" well it wasn't blighters that he used but close to that. Very true about not making it too hard a good friend of mine got woken up with his young family by some thugs basically offered him his life or keys to his newly purchased e90 m3 I think I'd have sooner them found the keys than my kids seeing that happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

It's funny you should say that my dad came over to help me fix the door and he said " I reckon it's the extra padlocks you've put on that's attracted the little blighters" well it wasn't blighters that he used but close to that. Very true about not making it too hard a good friend of mine got woken up with his young family by some thugs basically offered him his life or keys to his newly purchased e90 m3 I think I'd have sooner them found the keys than my kids seeing that happen.

Never has a truer word been spoken!

3 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Funny you should say that.  I always leave mine outside so I don't have to worry about anyone trying to break into the garage ;-)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yep, you've got to be so careful. Only the other day, our security lights and camera caught some bloke trying to break into our Volvo!!

Mark (1 of 1).jpg

No no, he is trying to drop a Lexus ct200 brochure onto the drivers seat, lets face it it would be a lot more interesting than the Volvo.

He does look a bit suspicious though, I think I may have seen him before....................

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Yep, you've got to be so careful. Only the other day, our security lights and camera caught some bloke trying to break into our Volvo!!

Mark (1 of 1).jpg

Nice looking Volvo that :biggrin:

• Haha 1