Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central Locking & Interior Dome Light Issues

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

I bought a Y Reg IS200 in June last year, 1 previous owner with 71k miles on the clock and serviced every year by Lexus. It has served me very well and I am very happy with it, however a few months ago the interior dome light stopped working all of a sudden. Then last week, I tried to lock the car using my key remote and nothing happened. I tried the 2 spare key/fobs to lock and unlock the car but to no avail. I replaced the Battery in the main fob and am still having no luck. 2 days ago I bought a replacement interior dome bulb from official Lexus parts, but after fitting it it is still not working.

I'm hoping it's a simple issue such as a fuse, and not something more serious! Any thoughts/experience/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hi,

Just a thought,try cleaning the contacts on the door interior light switches.

Be careful not to lose the wire as there isn't much spare (tie a piece of string just behind the spade connector).

Hope this helps. 

After countless hours scouring the internet and this forum (including 2 trips to Lexus who wanted to charge me £196 to investigate), I finally fixed the problem... The 7.5 amp dome fuse in the passenger foot well had blown, and after replacing it the interior lights and central locking has started working normally again! 

Hope this helps anyone who may come across something similar in future.

IMG-20180105-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 1

I was very happy! Very surprised though that 2 different technicians (?) from a Lexus dealership AND someone from their parts/servicing department dismissed or didn't entertain the idea of it being a blown fuse :whistling: 

• 3 months later...

Did you also notice the loss of indicators?

I have a similar problem when I changed the vehicle Battery I have lost remote locking, indicators (although 4way works) and no alarm.  Am searching for a blown fuse.

• 2 weeks later...

IS220d - 07 plate. 

More knowledge gained -  Actually Loss was of Remote Locking, Horn, Indicators, Wipers, Washers, Main Headlights, Fr Fog, Rr Fog.  Investigated for a common fuse but struggled with finding info online, did discover some owners complained of tarnished fuses and connectors causing problems which spurred my initial investigative thoughts.

Started removing appropriate fuses related to the symptoms, found throughout all fuse box areas and within 30mins discovered that remote locking had returned, then investigated some plugs in footwell and found an extra fuse (black but linked to red going to a plug by accelerator). 

Unfortunately frustration and constantly getting up and down backwards to see fuse box in drivers and passenger well became annoying so did not do 1 thing then check what result if any had improved so after some refitting of different available connectors and fuses - the symptoms disappeared.  Suspect internal fuse box area drivers side and nearby (positioned vertical near accelerator/door hinge) connectors as there is additional wiring tapped into the loom (i suspect for towbar).

Drove around and all was well - until yesterday (car had been parked for 4 days)  - Remote still works, but back to no indicators, horn, wipers etc.  grrr.  Discovered majority of fuses related were in the additional fuse box (Identifed as B) in the engine compartment main fuse container - checked all fuses, was able to swap the B box with another car - but no joy.

Have even disconnected and reconnected some major connectors near the fuse boxes in a quick hope to solve - but nothing gained.

All looks as loom from control stalk has an issue - have tried to find loom info but am struggling to identify correct diagram - seems not much abut wiring looms on the net.

Did discover a download it seems for the service manual but all I could achieve was to download an application for PDF conversions - will return to see if I have missed a link.

Overall - frustrated.

Can anyone point me to a wiring loom circuit diagram that may offer some assistance in this.  I am electronics engineer so able to interpret and use multimeters etc.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a 07 Is250 and also have lost horn, indicators,main beam, locking, and fog.spent a bit of time checking earth connections could not find any fault messed around in the fuse box and spent a while looking online this is first I've come across with identical symptoms as me.Did you get to the cause of the issue.I would be so greatfull of any information.

Thanks Casper