Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How would you make this look good.

Looking at a few IS300h and one that has caught my attention has a heating console that looks a bit rough. The dealer has said they will "try" to make it look better but it won't be perfect.

Is it past the stage of ever being made to look good ?

xxl_kfz339217_kfz_339217_16.jpg

Looks like its got scratches which won't come out.

Some of the other stuff is just dirt which will clean up pretty well.

TBH, it shouldn't get that bad - ours is 4 years old and its nowhere near that stage - it looks fresh bar the odd scratch.

25 minutes ago, S88HON said:

Has the Vol knobs changed? I don't have ML but mine looks like a brushed metal effect?

Nah.

ML just gets special ceramic knobs. 2013-2014 had brushed metal effect knob and 2015 onwards had real brushed metal knobs

Assuming there are just light scratches on the plastic, I would go for a deep clean with standard car cleaning products, then use plastic window scratch remover. I have used this sort of stuff on the plastic windows of my motorhome (damn those branches on narrow country lanes!) to great effect.

I use this:

Meguiars Plast RX

Edited by WSandME
Product detail found

54 minutes ago, WSandME said:

Assuming there are just light scratches on the plastic, I would go for a deep clean with standard car cleaning products, then use plastic window scratch remover. I have used this sort of stuff on the plastic windows of my motorhome (damn those branches on narrow country lanes!) to great effect.

I use this:

Meguiars Plast RX

Won't work - its labelled as clear plastic scratch remover.

This plastic is coated and also has some flake in the plastic so it sparkles when the sun hits it. The product will just make the whole centre console dull.

In other words, I would NOT be using any kind of abrasive on that plastic thats for sure!

This plastic is coated and also has some flake in the plastic so it sparkles when the sun hits it

Sorry - that wasn't obvious from the photo

• 4 weeks later...

There are multiple posit restorers on the market that will be suitable. Carpro Perl can be used and mixed down to whatever strength you wish. Can be used on mist surfaces and used neat can be used on your tyres. Very economical.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This car was previously advertised for sale by Lexus Stoke but has now appeared up for sale by Lexus Gatwick. Are these two dealers owned by the same company I wonder. Quite a rare car in that it is a Premier spec with a sunroof in my preferred colour Sonic Titanium.

Still looking !