Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner - a bit of help with fuses please!

Happy new year all,

Just joined as I'm finally glad to become an owner of a 2014 NX300h Premier, so happy with the car!

The first thing I plan to do is hardwire a dash cam. I've found the fusebox in the passenger side footwell, but I don't seem to be able to find a detailed description of all the fuses anywhere. There are some fuses which seem to feed a variety of circuits, and some fuses seem specific to certain function in the car. Does anyone have a clue, for example, what the "ECU-IG NO.1-5" fuses actually feed?

Also, has anyone found a grounding point/screw near their fusebox? I saw a screw near the fusebox but its screwed into black plastic and I'm not sure if it is actually grounded. I don't have a multimeter either, so before I buy one I thought I'd see if anyone here knows for sure.

Sorry, can't help with fuse allocation but why not just go and buy a multimeter anyway? Even very decent ones can be had for about £25 with cheap ones being under a tenner. Once it's bought, you have it for future use as well as now.

If  you scroll down the subjects you will find a few different ways to fit 

I personally hard wired from back of the plug in the centre console details of how is posted earlier this year others have gone off of the fuse box and again you will find details if you check previous entries.

But as Sorcerer says a multi meter is a must in your tool kit and digital is the way to go

Can’t remember which fuse I used as a feed but it was one for the IGN-ECU which was live only when the ignition was on. If you look at some the screws for an Earth, there are ones that go thru plastic fittings but do screw thru into metal

Thanks for all the advice all, I ended up buying a multimeter and tapping into the wiper fuse (15A, on with ignition). The ground point for those interested is the screw closest to the fuse box. All working now! Forgot to take a picture so will try to find time to take the footwell panel apart and update the thread for others.

I do, however, have another question on a separate note... There are three fuses near the 12v Battery in the boot. 2x 10A and 1x 20A. Any idea what these are for? My local Lexus service centre wouldn't tell me, they said they're not allowed to give technical help.

IMG_20180108_201811.jpg

On 05/01/2018 at 11:30 AM, Amardeep said:

Happy new year all,

Just joined as I'm finally glad to become an owner of a 2014 NX300h Premier, so happy with the car!

The first thing I plan to do is hardwire a dash cam. I've found the fusebox in the passenger side footwell, but I don't seem to be able to find a detailed description of all the fuses anywhere. There are some fuses which seem to feed a variety of circuits, and some fuses seem specific to certain function in the car. Does anyone have a clue, for example, what the "ECU-IG NO.1-5" fuses actually feed?

Also, has anyone found a grounding point/screw near their fusebox? I saw a screw near the fusebox but its screwed into black plastic and I'm not sure if it is actually grounded. I don't have a multimeter either, so before I buy one I thought I'd see if anyone here knows for sure.

Which dash cam are looking at fitting? 

as13... I fitted the Thinkware F800 Pro but also installed a Cellink Neo Battery pack for parking mode.

steve2006... No detail about any fuses in the manual at all, just the location of the fusebox in the footwell.

On 21/01/2018 at 9:23 PM, Amardeep said:

as13... I fitted the Thinkware F800 Pro but also installed a Cellink Neo battery pack for parking mode.

steve2006... No detail about any fuses in the manual at all, just the location of the fusebox in the footwell.

Amardeep. ..it looks the business and the Battery pack also looks top notch,  does it lower your insurance? 

20 hours ago, as13 said:

Amardeep. ..it looks the business and the battery pack also looks top notch,  does it lower your insurance? 

Hi,

Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes do offer a discount for the fitment of a HD Dash Cam.

Regards,

Dan. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links