Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F with bike

5 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Having those  two should ease the pain of not having the F anymore.

I’ve had plenty of bikes over the years but I do love my scooters and still have a mint Gilera 180 FXR in the garage and and will soon be purchasing a Yamaha T Max 500.

The 180 FXR has passed me by, but looks like a lot of fun, really miss the two stroke thing after growing up on LC125, LC350s etc.

Would be a fun commuter by the look of it😀

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

Those gileras are quick little things.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

They certainly are and climbing in value aswell especially original unmolested ones.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, Big Rat said:

It's a............Kawasaki Z1000 SX Tourer ABS MGFA............ my motorbycle 2 wheel bike thing knowledge is legendary.......:yahoo:

🐀

I don't believe that for one second..........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I took a little trip to Quicksilver Exhausts on Friday to pick up some systems for myself and others and had a long chat with the owner Paul Goddard, I'm a past owner of a Gt3 a 996 so was chuffed to be shown his own car it's a low mileage minter mind you it's now on its 3rd engine it seems that the chocolate motors of the past haven't quite been eradicated by Porsche.

Major engine problems never effected the previous GT and turbo cars it's a shame hopefully they've solved it now wouldn't want to run one without a warranty 😳

IMG_3746.thumb.JPG.17f391055b794a7a4c9978d0d0bfc9e2.JPGIMG_3747.thumb.JPG.c5194db3849dbd061f4ebf1904f585e9.JPGIMG_3748.thumb.JPG.674fea76465eaa7d76c1aa9925baa261.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Big Rat said:

it's now on its 3rd engine

What? That's ridiculous! Lovely  car but what's the point if you can't drive the dratted thing?

• Like 1

@Nick W858 Sorry to hear that Nick is it a warranty matter or do you have to dig deep?

Personaly I grew sick and tired of the Marque had some great highs with some of the cars I had especially the Gt3 and the turbo.

But frankly the build quality is just not there and far far to many niggling faults with cars I owned indifferent dealers.

No wonder they call it Porsche Paranoia 🙄

Big Rat 

[mention=9876]Nick W858[/mention] 
No wonder they call it Porsche Paranoia [emoji849]
Big Rat 

That should be their next model :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Big Rat - fortunately all under warranty - seems it can cost between £7 and £14k so the warranty is definitely worthwhile and does take away the paranoia. They did make me laugh when they were were inspecting the car as the technician filmed it and sent me the video, they mentioned perhaps looking at the wheel alignment and rear discs yet this was on a car that only 500 miles ago passed a Porsche 111 point inspection with flying colours and no mention of any issues whatsoever. I do understand why people put up with the niggles, took it out for a rapid countryside run yesterday in the sunshine and it does have some fantastic qualities but obviously they can be a a bit high maintenance.

• Like 2

@Nick W858 Wot! Porsche main dealer find non existent faults I can’t believe they would do that my my......:whistling:

Mind you it’s not just them they all do it to a lesser or a greater degree , either deliberately or through lack of knowledge, the car trade you got to love  them 💤

Big Rat