Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Door Mirror Glass

In case you guys ever have trouble sourcing a simple mirror glass only replacement for your Lexus

Just bought a replacement mirror glass for my nearside door mirror on the Honda Legend .......  cost £20.39 and very quick delivery from Order.( no heat and easy fix )

Cut to measure from my template, just a backing of sticky fix over the original 11 years old degraded misted.whitened mirror glass

Honda Main Dealer  replacement glass alone would have cost £202.45 incl vat  :w00t:  ( plus maybe some challenging fixing )

These guys have many standard glass mirrors for sale at £9 or so but NOT for my 2006 rare Honda Legend.

CDM at Wembley   020 8998 9642 

Malc

• Like 1

Not sure about the LS but when a bus whacked the wing mirror on my last Rx450h Lexus wanted £400 + vat for a replacement heated / chromatic glass. Something around £1500 for a complete unit :blink:

Main Dealer prices are acceptable if it's insurance claim and/or you need the heated element I guess BUT for all else it does seem an amazing rip-off

Malc

When I bought my mark 4 I went on eBay and bought complete units from breakers at  around £50 each two different colours to mine but all there and no big deal spraying if body is needed,a lot cheaper than £1500 a unit.

Thankfully not needed them yet.

2 hours ago, Malc said:

Main Dealer prices are acceptable if it's insurance claim and/or you need the heated element I guess BUT for all else it does seem an amazing rip-off

Malc

Yeah mine was through the insurance thankfully but still an amazing cost.

One thing I didn't know at the time but got away with it was that the gel from chromatic glass eats paint.