Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 front suspension keeps dropping

So.... How is the front of your car fairing up now? A few hours after your simple fix, I hope it worked as I love it when a seemingly potentially expensive and complicated problem gets a simple cheap fix ( not something most people would associate with Lexus!)

paul m.

Steve, those piezo-electric TEMS are very durable. I know of original P-E TEMS shocks still working on Toyota's from the 1980s. Much, much more reliable than air shocks. Interestingly, I've got a set in my Soarer that are not connected as I have a base model. They replaced a horrible set of coilovers. I've often wondered if the default setting when not plugged in is hard or soft. I've read the Toyota patent but still can't figure it out. Either way, they show know sign of leakage.

How has the car been since you fixed that pipe?
Also if the 400s suspension fits the 430 does the 430 fit the 400 back? It sounds like it would but there's always the chance it doesn't. Does anyone happen to know ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Connor2x4 said:

How has the car been since you fixed that pipe?
Also if the 400s suspension fits the 430 does the 430 fit the 400 back? It sounds like it would but there's always the chance it doesn't. Does anyone happen to know ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Update on the pipe repair it was holding up ok but the pipe I used popped the other day so the suspension dropped. But luckily this happened in my driveway so refitted another pipe again but reinforced it with clamps so it’s holding up ok for now. But I have ordered a pneumatic hose connector which should be a permanent fix. Looking at the history of my car the NSF shock absorber has been replaced and apparently you need a special tool to remove the hose from the shock absorber so I suspect someone has cut the hose and rejoined it which has caused the leak. I’ll fit the connector and let you know how it holds up.  

Thanks for everyone’s help as well