Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No, it was not me driving.

Do my lexus got rear ended. Damage to bumpet, exhaust, break light and fender.

I personally hate... hate... botched up jobs and I run away from repaired cars. Wanted to clear this as the follwing question is important for me.

Will insurance fix all this to high quality?

The fender damage means the whole section has to be repaired... how will they achive this without a mark? 

Will they fix the exhaust that went in? The tip cover broke off as well and tip bent.

Will they replace the bumper or repair? 

I hate smart repair. This car never seen any accident.

What a mess... lesson do not give car to anyone who has been in recent accident. They should not be allowed to drive!!!!!

Will they use original tips and parts? Will the seriously fix the exhaust or just use pliars.. will they cheeck the exaust for any damage or leaks further up?

I do not know how insurance work so all these quality related questions.

Also, will an independent do a better job than insurance? 

The tips just hammer on or off Have you taken the car anywhere as of yet. You should mention any queries you have, with whoever does the work and demand new parts. 

That will be where it will be determined whether it will be repaired or written off. X amount of cost will determine what insurance company says. 

If its non fauly take thro your insurance..mine was hit 18months ago needed the front offside totallly replacing and being pearl white I was sceptical of the colour match,on returning the car I couldnt of been happier the repair was superb (it did cost 6.5k tho) all genuine parts and no colour mismatch at all..picture of mine and the Juke that did it!!

20160930_000337.jpg

20160930_002246.jpg

Looking at the pictures - thats a bumper replace job but the rear wing looks repairable. 

Exhaust will probably be checked and fixed. If its not right, it'll be replaced. Light needs replacing obviously.

If its non fault - I would take it to Lexus and push the price of the claim up - you'll have to pay £250 or so non approved repairer excess but Lexus tend to replace parts rather than repair them so you may have better luck with their repair centres. Of course, all the parts will be genuine as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lexus put in a quote for £3k though.

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Looking at the pictures - thats a bumper replace job but the rear wing looks repairable. 

Exhaust will probably be checked and fixed. If its not right, it'll be replaced. Light needs replacing obviously.

If its non fault - I would take it to Lexus and push the price of the claim up - you'll have to pay £250 or so non approved repairer excess but Lexus tend to replace parts rather than repair them so you may have better luck with their repair centres. Of course, all the parts will be genuine as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lexus put in a quote for £3k though.

Whole exhaust need to be checked....the shunt may well have done some damage further up the system.

Light and bumper new and sprayed to match.

Panel under light repaired and resprayed.

You might be able to push them to replace rear part of exhaust but you need to make sure they do it all to your satisfaction.  It will be expensive £3-£4k I would have thought with new parts and labour.  Make sure you get any excess back as well.

Definitely get the exhaust fully checked ... at 3k for the back boxes and centre section (fitted by Lexus) and with all the other damage if the exhaust needs replacing then you may be looking at a write off in comparison to the value of the car.

The exhaust has some strong rubber mounts, two on the back box pipe itself and two on the centre section so cant travel that much unless it has had a good whack.

Am I right in thinking the car is not road worthy with the indicator missing the cover and thus not showing the amber light ? I have not been driving the car becuase of this . Is there any temporary solution for the indicator until the car gets taken in ?

13 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

I would just use the car as is if police did stop you, it is awaiting an insurance quote pending repair.

I cant see that working with the boys in blue. If its illegal then its illegal.

Lexus tells me the part number for the indicator bulb is 90981 13043, but they only have white ones. Which orange bulb would fit insted ?

I've also been offered "accident aftercare" when calling the service department and it's Accident Exchange that do it. Hire car and manufacturer approved garage repairs. But should I go for it as hire companies are famous for ranking up ridiculous prices? 

Screenshot_20180112-155456.jpg

15 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

Lexus tells me the part number for the indicator bulb is 90981 13043, but they only have white ones. Which orange bulb would fit insted ?

I've also been offered "accident aftercare" when calling the service department and it's Accident Exchange that do it. Hire car and manufacturer approved garage repairs. But should I go for it as hire companies are famous for ranking up ridiculous prices? 

Screenshot_20180112-155456.jpg

232364338211 try theses

All these relevant Qs ...............why don't you just ask the insurance Claims Manager that's looking after your claim ?

They will tell you exactly what the position is going to be

Malc

I just recently had a non fault shunt that wrote off my car. If the accident was non fault I would go directly to the third party for a claim. The only setback is, if the other driver  denies responsibility, it could drag on a while. Whilst my accident happened outside my house (my car was parked) it was cut and dry case as the car that hit my car flipped over on its side and police had to be at the scene.

It is legally required for you to inform your insurance company and more than likely refer you to their 'Partner' who is an Accident Management Company. These guys will not charge you excess as they will find every expense and claim against the third party. Car hire for example they will bill them 200 quid a day to get every penny out of the third party (thats how they make money).  I told my insurance company NOT to proceed until I think about it and get back to them

In my case I went direct to the third party and they were more than accommodating as I went to them first (I saved them ALOT of money). had a hire car the next day (brand new Mondeo ST Line), offered me a settlement within 7 days which was more than enough to write my car off.

If its a non fault and the third party was guilty, their insurance will be at your mercy for NOT using an accident management company and they will do at your request for genuine parts etc as I said before you saved them a bomb in the long run..

• Like 1

Insurance so far have not shown their cards and kept quiet.

The car is making drone sound when idle. I can hear it clearly and gives a headache. 

Also have noticed strange gear shifts and power loss.

9 hours ago, jackcramerr said:

Insurance so far have not shown their cards and kept quiet.

The car is making drone sound when idle. I can hear it clearly and gives a headache. 

Also have noticed strange gear shifts and power loss.

The drone sound and the power loss will more than likely be associated with the exhaust being damaged - not a cheap repair if going down the lexus route. The gear shifts may also be associated to this (in auto mode) as the car due to the power loss will struggle to "find" the correct gear as the ecu will be compensating for the extra power going in but not coming out, if that makes sense. You will see it more pronounced around 40mph where the car will struggle to select between 3 applicable gears it can be in.

The system is quite robust in the way the exhaust is installed but it will more then likely have failed around the centre resonator as it looks like it has been pushed up a bit by looking at the damage.

I would suggest getting it on a ramp if you are carrying on driving to see the extent of any damage as if the exhaust fails completely then it could drop while driving and take out quite a bit from under the car not to mention other road users. If not too bad do a temporary repair until you are sorted with the insurance. Not sure where you stand though in doing it with the insurance. Wont they offer a loan car if you admit its becoming unroadworthy?

I am disappointed in this insurance system so far. I keep on calling them and they do a good job with making excuses and pro longing. 

Is200

Spot on with how you described the symptoms. I am very surprised how you explained it accurately.