Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yes you should

If the insurer recommended you take it to one of their repair centres then you should go through the insurer, also, doesn't insurance work have a guarantee period? Although its fit for purpose its not repaired to spec and the insurer should take some flack for this and deal with the repair centre themselves.

Yes, Deffo tell your insurance company about the ( lack of ) quality as I'm sure they will be more receptive and in effect they are sort of paying for this job! 

Paul m

18 hours ago, KenMavor said:

Get some pictures of existing IS250's rear ends, uncrashed, and see if they are of better quality...ie the same width of gap.

Once the snow clears I will get piccies of my rear end.....

Made me chuckle this :wink3:

Then Lexus Edinburgh are easily pleased, i would of just rejected it on the spot. If the repair body shop can not or will not listen to you take it further.

Take it to different body shops see what they think of the finished work.

So question here is, should I take the car away as I am in need of it.

They have also scratched the rear passanger window but blamed me that I might have done it with an ice scraper. What a joke. The mouding for windows werent fixed properly but they have fixed that now. Boot linining were not fitting properly due to shape of the boot due to accident. Not sure if they have fixed it.

Should I go and see the car, record the issues, and leave the car or take the car and raise the issue later?

Hope you get this sorted jack. Doesn't look like a great repair to me. I had a deer/muntjac strike in my previous IS200t and it went to the insurer's authorised repair agent. It came back perfect, no unsightly panel gaps and all gaps were equal everywhere. Yours doesn't look like mine did. There is a code of conduct covering repairs, try to get hold of a copy. This will tell you the standard you can expect to get for a repair. If you can prove your car doesn't meet this code of conduct I'd say you'll be in a stronger position. Always better to be able to quote standards and prove the repair doesn't meet them. I'm assuming that the place you had it repaired at have signed up to this code of conduct mind.

Thanks paul

I have collected the car and they have done nothing to it. I.e. not made anything better or even touched it.

I noticed there is a plastic trim that is beside the brakr light and is also split open. Water can go in there. I will post picture tomorrow. I showed the guy and his arguments were this is from before... insurance wont fix it etc etc... I am so tired... so tired.

I took the car and just hoped karma hits him and his family.

Please do not go to this place for repair. I am going to take some pills to sleep over it.

Hi all.

Sorry jack i think you should have left it there and been in touch with the insurance company straight away saying the car was unacceptable.:wacko:

Alas they might say why did you accept it if you were not happy with it.:wacko:

As far as they are concerned the job is done if it's not up to standard tough luck seem like a load off cowboys by what you have said.:wacko:

65mike

On 16/02/2018 at 9:43 PM, jackcramerr said:

Thanks paul

I have collected the car and they have done nothing to it. I.e. not made anything better or even touched it.

I noticed there is a plastic trim that is beside the brakr light and is also split open. Water can go in there. I will post picture tomorrow. I showed the guy and his arguments were this is from before... insurance wont fix it etc etc... I am so tired... so tired.

I took the car and just hoped karma hits him and his family.

Please do not go to this place for repair. I am going to take some pills to sleep over it.

First of all, shouldn't have collected the car, just leave it there and declare its not the same as it was before. 

Secondly, you need to get in contact with Lexus UK to sort this out if they've not done anything.

Or Autoexpress might be a shout.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links