Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

8 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Does it seem expensive for the year?  I love the colour.

Expensive as you know Phil is relative.

If you want and can afford the car, offer £5500 and agree to meet halfway...he might bite your hand off. Good luck.

26 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Expensive as you know Phil is relative.

If you want and can afford the car, offer £5500 and agree to meet halfway...he might bite your hand off. Good luck.

I would gladly pay that for it. I'm looking at two GS300's in the morning but it they don't work out I may try to make an offer on the 430.

Took the GS430 for a spin today, lovely condition (apart from a small tear in the drivers seat) fantastic colour.  Sadly the ride felt too hard, presumably due to the bigger wheels etc.  He said 6.5k was his best which I would have paid if it felt "softer"

I also tried the GS300 in Certsey which I have to say felt so much nicer.  The V6 feels just right, and the ride was lovely.  Alas, the body wasn't great.  The interior was superb though.  The search continues (unless Norman, "Normski" is still selling his!) Where are you Norman?!

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Took the GS430 for a spin today, lovely condition (apart from a small tear in the drivers seat) fantastic colour.  Sadly the ride felt too hard, presumably due to the bigger wheels etc.  He said 6.5k was his best which I would have paid if it felt "softer"

I also tried the GS300 in Certsey which I have to say felt so much nicer.  The V6 feels just right, and the ride was lovely.  Alas, the body wasn't great.  The interior was superb though.  The search continues (unless Norman, "Normski" is still selling his!) Where are you Norman?!

I know the 450h was suggested to you for consideration in other threads but if you don't like the ride on the 430 you probably won't like it on the 450 either as they run on the same size wheels. So it looks as if the 300 is the one for you. Good luck with your search, the right car will come up.

11 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

I know the 450h was suggested to you for consideration in other threads but if you don't like the ride on the 430 you probably won't like it on the 450 either as they run on the same size wheels. So it looks as if the 300 is the one for you. Good luck with your search, the right car will come up.

I was really impressed with the ride in the 300, and I think it has plenty of power.  It's frustrating the way some dealers have a very liberal interpretation of "immaculate"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

I think that the Gen3 GS has 17 in wheels on the SE AND 18 ON THE SEL. The ride can be softened by using the POWER AND SPORT buttons sensibly.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I think that the Gen3 GS has 17 in wheels on the SE AND 18 ON THE SEL. The ride can be softened by using the POWER AND SPORT buttons sensibly.

I thought the 430 I saw today had 19" which would help explain the hard ride, unless I read it wrong on the tyre. I'm guessing the suspension was different as well being a "sportier" version.  

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The 17" wheels only became standard fitment on SE spec from the 2010 facelift, prior to this all models were fitted with 18".

15 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I thought the 430 I saw today had 19" which would help explain the hard ride, unless I read it wrong on the tyre. I'm guessing the suspension was different as well being a "sportier" version.  

The wheel and tyre size for a 430 and 450 from this era are the same, namely 8Jx18 and 245/40 R18 93Y. From looking at the pictures of the car you tried they look the same as the ones shown in pictures of other Gen 3 430's for sale so I think they will have been 18". Lexus, to my knowledge, didn't offer an option of a 19" wheel on the Gen 3 GS so any that have them will be aftermarket ones. The suspension may be firmer on these models compared to the 300 to cope with the heavier engine weight in the 430 and the hybrid batteries in the 450.

• Like 1

One more thing I forgot to mention above Phil is that not all 300's have 17" wheels, some have 18" that were fitted as optional extras and some had them, depending on spec, fitted as standard so just be aware when you go to see one.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

One more thing I forgot to mention above Phil is that not all 300's have 17" wheels, some have 18" that were fitted as optional extras and some had them, depending on spec, fitted as standard so just be aware when you go to see one.

And 18 in wheels will probably be fitted with low profile tyres which will not improve the ride quality at all.

Mine are 225/50/17 which ride very well in my ancient opinion:):)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And 18 in wheels will probably be fitted with low profile tyres which will not improve the ride quality at all.

Mine are 225/50/17 which ride very well in my ancient opinion:):)

I believe that is also the 17" size fitted to the 300 but I think that the 300's fitted with 18" wheels will have the same tyre size and profile as the 430 and 450..

6 minutes ago, stevet said:

Must admit my 300 on 17’s is one of the best riding cars I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I'm looking at in the morning has 17" so it'll interesting to see how it feels.