Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20 ft/lbs ? How so when the spec is equivalent to 29 ft/lbs. If one was to not fit a new washer then I could understand the slightly reduced torque setting as the old washer will have no 'give', but with a new washer being fitted then it may need the full 29 ft/lbs to bed in.

paul m.

Sorry I did 29 ft/lbs in the end, just a typo.

Interesting this oil change went really well. If I had a 4 poster I could do it in 45 minutes as the 'oil filter flap' in the under tray is just two small screws. Problem is it opens 'away from you'. So. I opened up about 8-9 under tray nuts till the oil filter was exposed. Then a simple sin off- spin on. 

The total cost was £21. 71p. Yes really. It was Euro Car parts internet on a good weekend at 40% off.

The oil is the very very best, i.e. Shell Engine Oil (Helix Ultra Professional AG Engine Oil - 5W-30 - 5ltr) plus a Mann oil filter (made in Germany - We all love that really).

Unlike my previous oil change, I lifted the car, did the oil change and then, lowered it before starting the engine. All was well. Starting the engine 'in the air' = the air suspension drops to 4 inches above the  floor. Very scary.

Noticed the air cleaner is a tad dark so decided on a whole service package from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Service-Kit-LS430/172714797592?fits=Model%3ALS|Cars+Type%3A430&epid=2228869058&hash=item28369aaa18:g:8M8AAOSwcLxYCMIU

So, say plus say £20+ for Shell oil, i.e. One can service a LS430 each year, (actually slightly over servicing + the bits) for £80.

That seems good to me.

Have not 'changed oil/serviced' etc, on a car for ages. The satisfaction of 'doing it properly' is wonderful.

• Like 1

Good feeling knowing it has been done correctly and bonus getting the ECP discounts when they come along! Having said that there is always a discount available ( just depends on the amount) so never pay full price, just sign up for email newsletters and wait a day or two for a bargain to come along.  Personally just got a Duracell Battery (5 yr Gtee) for daughters car for £43 instead of £86 in a 50% off 2 hour window offer!

paul m.

The correct Mann oil filter is W712/83. Euro Car Parts only do a Crossland one which I think are their own cheapy make for a LS430. Mann are made in Germany. If you do to Toyota Camry 2002 3 litre you get the correct one. https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Camry_3.0_2002/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/oil-filter/?501820029&1&81cc983cfd5671b1ac29454e7e3d773dae9ed672&000231

This week £4.67p with discount. How cheap is that? Why they don't offer it for the Lexus, which they use to do, is a mystery.