Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 needs new exhaust

Urgent advice guys please

Well ive turned into an old fart that struggles to make the simplest of decisions my2006 is250 is in need of a new exhaust. Having had a weld repair not long ago i new it wouldn't be long before i had to make the decision keep the car sell the car repair the car 

Well i can't find a car i like as much as this one so I'll keep to the death

Now could you help with a little advice

Do i put a cat back ss system or fit a mild steel aftermarket system also any recommend manufacturer in my area i live in Cannock west mids

Thank you

27 minutes ago, Nessal said:

Well ive turned into an old fart that struggles to make the simplest of decisions my2006 is250 is in need of a new exhaust. Having had a weld repair not long ago i new it wouldn't be long before i had to make the decision keep the car sell the car repair the car 

Do i put a cat back ss system or fit a mild steel aftermarket system also any recommend manufacturer in my area i live in Cannock west mids

Thank you

Just buy this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112521866538?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Fully endorse this.  Fitted it last year on my car. 30 minutes work, no regrets.  Smooth as a buttered banister!

1 hour ago, Brechin Slate said:

Fully endorse this.  Fitted it last year on my car. 30 minutes work, no regrets.  Smooth as a buttered banister!

Can't get much better than a LOC member with a personal experience endorsement! Gonna bookmark that seller for future!

paul m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texas said:

Can't get much better than a LOC member with a personal experience endorsement! Gonna bookmark that seller for future!

paul m.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS250-2-5-05-13-Approved-Petrol-Exhaust-Catalytic-Converter/172832886475?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item283da48ecb:g:3KwAAOSwIwhWTtvK

This is the middle section.

3 hours ago, Nessal said:

Thank you

This is a different middle section saves over £100.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Type-Approved-Direct-Fit-Catalytic-Converter-for-Lexus-IS250-2-5-11-05-07-08/263075110323?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49129%26meid%3Df1521107d4814794ba6756a517aaf456%26pid%3D100

• Thanks 1

What has actually gone on the exhaust?

Do both the middle sections and rear sections need redoing?  I went for a stainless steel cat back.....did look at this replacement but it was the middle section of mine that went so I needed to replace from cat back. 

This one is good and suggest you look for a second hand middle section and this back box.  Should last you a few more years.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cat back system from my IS250 SE-L that was only on the car for 14 months from new. It's been taking up room in my garage for far too long so was thinking of putting it on Gumtree or possibly eBay.

8 hours ago, Tango said:

I have a cat back system from my IS250 SE-L that was only on the car for 14 months from new. It's been taking up room in my garage for far too long so was thinking of putting it on Gumtree or possibly EBay.

Always the same just a bit too late see my other post 

'Tango' tried sending you a PM but got the knock back with 'Tango cannot recieve messages' also the email vario.......@hotmail.co.uk is not valid!

Paul M.

7 hours ago, Texas said:

'Tango' tried sending you a PM but got the knock back with 'Tango cannot recieve messages' also the email vario.......@hotmail.co.uk is not valid!

Paul M.

My apologies to Tango and thank you Paul for letting me know

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2018 at 1:12 PM, madasahatter said:

My 2009 IS sounds like it’s blowing somewhere. Will this part fit? It’s says no but I just assumed the exhaust system would be the same on all IS’s? 

1 hour ago, WetMyBeak said:

My 2009 IS sounds like it’s blowing somewhere. Will this part fit? It’s says no but I just assumed the exhaust system would be the same on all IS’s? 

Yes it will fit. The only ever changes made to the generation 2 IS250 exhaust system was the tailpipe shape.

I'm not so sure - I think you should ask them to confirm that it will fit a 2009 - all the exhaust places quote different part numbers for pre and post 2008. If there are differences they won't be much, but it may mean making up adapters or cutting pieces off and reworking somewhere or other.

The tailpipe shape never changed - all the tailpipes from the silencers are round (and quite large diameter) but have what Lexus describe as 'tail exhaust pipe baffle sub-assembly' pushed on to the end - (exhaust trims to most people). Those are polished stainless steel and oval shape - they all look the same to me, although no doubt many have been replaced. They get in a mess, but with a bit of TLC you can restore them to more or less original condition - they are made of good quality (if a bit thin) stainless steel.

The originals cost upwards of £50 but you can get universal replacement trims for a tenner or so.

Or find out where your exhaust is blowing and see if it's repairable.

Pop over and see these people http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/

They provide an excellent service - I've had several bits and pieces of exhausts made up by them over the years. They do both mild steel and stainless.