Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H Wet Rear centre passenger footwell

This is my very first post!!

Does anyone know what is under the carpet in the rear centre passenger well in my RX400H? I have 2 wet spots that have appeared in the last couple of weeks just under the hybrid Battery vent. It's just on the bump in the floor. They are about an inch wide with an inch gap. It is definitely coming from below as there are no leaks from the sunroof or lining. I have scoured the 'interweb' and nothing on this topic. I am hoping nothing serious but certainly a strange one!! I am hoping a car breaker or anyone out there may shed some light?

Please forward any comments to this mission should you choose to accept... Pic attached!!

Thanks

IMG_1896.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

i know you said your sunroof isn't leaking BUT

on our old rx400h we had the exact same wet area and in the rear pillar looking in the top left hand corner when the boot is open, the water never leaked dip,dip into the car but was running down inside around all down the L/H/S of the car in two main areas.

it all came from the sunroof,

our external rubber seal around the sunroof were all cracked and hard.

also with our car being damp, the front windscreen was soaking ever cold day when starting up in the morning.

• 3 years later...

Hi anyone get to the bottom of this leak issue? I have the same wet area at the rear centre footwell, digging around the rear lights areas. I found traces of water coming in between the car body and the rear bumper, you have to take off all those plastic storage compartments in order to see this. They are two small pools of water either side of the back of the car below the black plastic compartments. I tried to wipe them and put some sealant where I think the water is coming in. Let’s a see what happen.

but I suspect the middle wet footwell is water from the rear of the car rather than the sunroof. 
if anyone has similar experience please can you share?

• 3 years later...

This old chestnut. So many stories. the 400 has some design faults – rear seams and hinges. LS-X the seams and hinge surrounds. Get a humidifier and hot air into the car.

Do it before the HB throws you a P0AA6. Google or search it here – you'll find my story and many others.