Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of selling

I've been pondering an upgrade for a while and just wanted to put it out there if there are any genuine buyers looking for a nice example 2008. Get in touch if youre a serious looker, I'm looking for £15,500. Couple of months of warranty lefts, alloys refurbed 22nd Dec 2017. 80,000 miles. Rare alpine leather, like new. Service/mot booked for 1st Feb which I would have done if sold. Purchased from a fellow forum member in 2016.

DSC_1152.thumb.JPG.3077e01bb2fad9ba35b02dbcc3b72ed9.JPG

DSC_1149.thumb.JPG.f6d55185555914f95db5c374c161759a.JPGDSC_0734.thumb.JPG.58eea79cc2ef4a3862f4e1a7c683001d.JPGDSC_0133.thumb.JPG.6bd9b4c48d0e895e3567ea57fd8a0e11.JPG

DSC_1151.JPG

• Like 2

If it is the water pump you are referring to they are situated low down front of block, earlier cars the pumps seeped nothing more, they do not fail.

Most would have been changed by now, if not it’s a £3-400 fix at Lexus or if it’s under warranty nowt.

🐀

• Like 1

Never heard of it here, I’ve checked through every thread on the club forum from 2008 - 2018 nothing not one.

Thats not to say no one here in the Uk has had it but as there are only 213 cars registered here and not one mention of it.

In any event it’s hardly the end of the world it’s a leak nothing more nothing less exchange rate cost £500.00 quid to resolve.

If you’re that concerned about this aspect just buy a car under warranty and keep it that way.

Big Rat

11 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

What's a Valley Plate?

@FTBBCVoodoo American terminology 🙄

Anyway its the area between the V at the top of the block between the heads there is a large shaped aluminium water jacket that sits atop the engine that coolant runs through and it’s adhesived into place no gasket.

There have been instances in the states of them weeping.

🐀

• Thanks 1

The states seem to get a lot of water leak or pump issues, I say seem because if you take into account the number of cars over there compared to here it is a very small number that have an issue.

As others have said I have not heard of one issue with coolant loss from that area of the engine.

• Like 1

Please don’t get confused regarding the coolant leak issue, don’t believe U.K. models suffer from this, nor the sticky interior trim or any other minor niggles/issues raised across the pond.

Mine has been running fine with 640hp thanks to the addition of an RR-Racing supercharger kit, but not had coolant leaks etc. Lexus have checked it for me, nothing.

Pound for pound the most reliable car I’ve owned.

Sorry to see you go, but hope the car finds a loving new home, it deserves it.

• Like 4

18 months of ownership, the only things I had to pay for were pads and tyres.

Having seen @emjay82 ‘s car lots of times, I can vouch for it being an absolute peach 🍑 

The interior and exterior colours work beautifully together. A very pretty car

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Is that gunmetal grey?

My favourite colour, I 'may' be in the market next month, depending on finances. I'd have that in a shot. What you panning on getting next?

Indeed it is that shade, grey mica I think is the official name. If you want to know more about the car please ask or drop me a private message. Still undecided as to the next move but it will be Lexus and an F..... 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Saw your car briefly on Autotrader this morning. Gone now...you sold it already?

No, the car I was planning to buy is no longer available so lost the motivation to sell. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links