Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater blows cold / steering wheel noise

So firstly yes I have read almost every post on every website and watched just as many YouTube videos. As stated blowers are on cold regardless of settings. All of the vents and servos behind the glovebox behave correctly and open/close as they should. If I just use the windscreen vent eventually I get a little warm air out of the side vents.

my main question is, the pipes going into the cab to the heater matrix from the engine, the bottom one is red hot but the top one is barely warm. Should both be equally hot, my thoughts are a matrix flush as a next port of call. Am to try bleeding again as I’m convinced that the rad was empty prior to me buying it as everything else was empty. And the reservoir was also empty.

as for the steering wheel, only way I can describe it is it sounds like the Microsoft 360 steering wheel which when plugged in had force feedback and would sound like powered gears turning

• 2 weeks later...

So. Heaters are not perfect but are at least now generating heat, am certain it’s just needing a flush and refill which will happen during belts change

steering, found a YouTube video and the sound was the same. The guy kept filling and emptying the power steering fluid until it went from black to cherryade red so have done the same. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a quieter drive. (The reservoir was empty when I collected the car. As was screen wash and oil is low so that’s getting changed next week as well)

It had all the paperwork pointing to it being good, regular services at correct intervals. Tidy exterior and interior. Reasonable mileage, good price etc

looking at many forums these are somewhat common faults and easy to rectify. Once belts are done it’ll be all good

They are very good cars I've had mine for god knows how long lol wife loves it and will not sell it for the newer model, if you got it at the right price these are relatively easy cars to work on and this forum has a wealth of knowledge but when you post a problem with your car give as much information about the problem as you can as it will help forum members help you .

• Thanks 1