Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post your Pics

Big Rat

Problem with steering wheel bling is that the other carbon in the cabin is silver. Unless yours is black? Ideally want same weave pattern too. Although should never use carbon to add weight......just seems wrong :D

Looking forward to seeing the wheels and brakes.

You could have your wheels dipped so they look carbon.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

@ComedianThe Carbon inside the car is much darker not like in an isF, the steering wheel item is £35.00 hardly a bank breaker so I thought I'd have look, I'm not a fan of that particular aspect of the wheel.

As regards the road wheels I'm keeping my originals as standard but I'm on the hunt for a second set, either a Carbon set or the latest 2018 ones.

🐀

[mention=54052]Comedian[/mention]The Carbon inside the car is much darker not like in an isF, the steering wheel item is £35.00 hardly a bank breaker so I thought I'd have look, I'm not a fan of that particular aspect of the wheel.
As regards the road wheels I'm keeping my originals as standard but I'm on the hunt for a second set, either a Carbon set or the latest 2018 ones.
[emoji232]
Not really noticed that aspect of steering wheel. Maybe because I look over the top of it? :D

My carbon inside is silver. 35 is nothing as you say so worth a punt.

I know where you could get a set of the carbon wheels. I'll distract him with aeroplanes while you get your socket set ready.

4 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@GibletPH I fully agree about the Carbon trinkets I have a couple of things in mind the exhaust is already done......

IMG_3775.thumb.JPG.21fc788352e8feaf744a3df671dab5e9.JPGIMG_3776.thumb.JPG.e2daac7b8aea69b8e64a77361ae81edd.JPG

Ive seen one or two other subtle items there's this one for the steering wheel, it's just a clip over item, no idea of the quality but for the price maybe worth a punt.......

IMG_0806.thumb.PNG.c69d7d76643fb5b1e305c58a16c21c0a.PNG

She's in for a major service in July and a wheel recut as well as the calipers being refinished in this Brembo yellow, I had my last 2 911's done this way and I personally really like it.......

IMG_0807.JPG.060049e44f0a43cad4e6a6a05a2eaaf3.JPG

Big Rat

Oh dear god! 😱

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

Not really noticed that aspect of steering wheel. Maybe because I look over the top of it? 😄

I know where you could get a set of the carbon wheels. I'll distract him with aeroplanes while you get your socket set ready.

@ComedianThat’s it you see it’s at my eye level even with my booster cushion 😉

🐀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

Not really noticed that aspect of steering wheel. Maybe because I look over the top of it? 😄

Oi!!!!!

Nothing too exciting but I did get an issue addressed that's been bugging me since I bought my car. It must be a thing with light colored leather, there's a blue ISF at Lexus Coventry with a lot less miles that has similar wear. Also i finally got round to fitting the Apexi throttle controller which really perks up throttle response in normal mode when set to 'red', drives great, really impressed with it. 

IMG_20180315_171852.jpg

IMG_20180520_104300.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, paul99 said:

Nothing too exciting but I did get an issue addressed that's been bugging me since I bought my car. It must be a thing with light colored leather, there's a blue ISF at Lexus Coventry with a lot less miles that has similar wear. Also i finally got round to fitting the Apexi throttle controller which really perks up throttle response in normal mode when set to 'red', drives great, really impressed with it. 

IMG_20180315_171852.jpg

IMG_20180520_104300.jpg

Good job with those seats, I have the cream leather and they look fantastic, but the wear is more obvious than the black leather. I assume that was a repair? 

6 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Good job with those seats, I have the cream leather and they look fantastic, but the wear is more obvious than the black leather. I assume that was a repair? 

Going to sound daft, but I’m sure someone said you can use a steam iron and a tea towel to get the creases out

7 hours ago, paul99 said:

IMG_20180315_171852.jpg

IMG_20180520_104300.jpg

Looks great BTW. Love the lighter ISF seats

20 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Going to sound daft, but I’m sure someone said you can use a steam iron and a tea towel to get the creases out

Steam cleaner and microfibre cloth yes, I think a steam iron might be a bit risky... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Good work on the seat.

Side note - what’s the best place to buy the throttle controller from? 

The seat was done by www.leatherrepaircompany.com, took the chap about 3 hours to do it.

I got the Apexi controller from eBay which was the cheapest place i could find it (ebay link), complete with ISF harness for ~£120 including shipping, doddle to fit with a very helpful guide by Peter P18 found here

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sun was out in Scotland today, well for last 2 weeks it's been sunny, think Scotland must have slid down the side of the earth closer to Spain lol

So washed the beast this morning, this is a washed pic. All day today I'm going to wet sand and polish it and post pics tonight as the sun goes down, hope I can cut and buff the paint back up yikes.

20180605_130024.jpg

• Like 3

Done some wet sanding to some fine scratches, filled in some stone chips with lacquer then sand flat, wet sanding with 2500 grit paper to do the job.

Not bad looking for a 10 year old car and 115670 miles.

20180605_184117.jpg

20180605_184026.jpg

20180605_184017.jpg

20180605_183948_001.jpg

20180605_183934.jpg

20180605_183921.jpg

20180605_183900.jpg

20180605_183736.jpg

20180605_183754.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Looks like you've done a cracking job! 🙂

Wasn't brave enough to do enough sanding, but until I get the paint depth measured there will be no more lol

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@BluethunderNean well done Matey you’ve done the deed !

Car looks great look forward to meeting you both some time 👍

🐀

Thanks Paul for your help & advice when I was “shopping”. Much appreciated. 

There was a silver demo there too and looked quite stealthy but I’m glad I ended up with the blue because the colour does look amazing in the flesh. 

Hopefully meet you and a few others at the Kemble meet:)

• Like 1