Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post your Pics

1 hour ago, Cezar B said:

How’s the pricing for service compared to Lexus, @B1RMA?

Both the Porsche and the AMG were astronomically higher, the next big service for my AMG would have been in the region of just under £3K mind you on the V12 car there are 24 expensive plugs to replace at this service. Even normal services for both cars always seemed to be £800-£1500 plus per year.

It was very refreshing to be told by Lexus Hedge End what the cost of servicing the RCF would be.

Knowing this drew me to buying an RCF with every extra I could get knowing that Lexus reliability and reputation for replacing faulty items would give me piece of mind having a complicated car with AVS and TVD.

Plus the servicing costs compared to most of my past cars are as 'cheap as chips' good old Lexus I say.

Now if they were to make an F version of the LC I don't think I could resist. Meantime my RCF grows on me the more I use it. I know I have said this about every car I've bought at the beginning of ownership but always land up selling it after a year.

21 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Both the Porsche and the AMG were astronomically higher, the next big service for my AMG would have been in the region of just under £3K mind you on the V12 car there are 24 expensive plugs to replace at this service. Even normal services for both cars always seemed to be £800-£1500 plus per year.

It was very refreshing to be told by Lexus Hedge End what the cost of servicing the RCF would be.

Knowing this drew me to buying an RCF with every extra I could get knowing that Lexus reliability and reputation for replacing faulty items would give me piece of mind having a complicated car with AVS and TVD.

Plus the servicing costs compared to most of my past cars are as 'cheap as chips' good old Lexus I say.

Now if they were to make an F version of the LC I don't think I could resist. Meantime my RCF grows on me the more I use it. I know I have said this about every car I've bought at the beginning of ownership but always land up selling it after a year.

I got my RCF serviced lat week, the full 4th service, £625 list price and that nice courtesy car! Top quality services by Lexus Cheltenham 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cezar B said:

I got my RCF serviced lat week, the full 4th service, £625 list price and that nice courtesy car! Top quality services by Lexus Cheltenham 

Did that include spark plug replacement then? Mines only had an annual service/10,000 mile service due to only having 5000 miles at the time which was just over £200.

8 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I didn't think there was much in it re the pricing at Porsche compared to my previous ISFs e.g. Front discs and pads c£1000 for 911 which IIRC was similar to ISF and the other serviceable items did not see a load more than Lexus prices. As @B1 RMA has said, it's the reliability in the Lexus that gives me more confidence and the way the dealer deals with the initial booking and follow through is miles better in my personal experience at Lexus than it is at Porsche, also I know it is subjective, but the people at Lexus seem nicer too and I much prefer handing over my money when the experience has been smooth and professional as opposed to clunky and lacking genuine care for the customer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Toothy said:

Which powder coaters did you use? Need to get a set of alloys done in the next week or so.

I use a guy in Redditch called Lankies refurbs, bit of a back street affair, but always does a good job

12 hours ago, Steviebee said:

@Twellsie, can you let me know what spoiler you've got on your car. Looks good, and have a spoiler / wing itch that needs scratching. That looks just the boy! 

Cheers, 

Stevie

its this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-06-12-IS250-IS350-ISF-DuckBill-HighKick-V2-Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Wing-Spoiler/222763476749?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3D9705c5571bfe4ddc925c3bde9d289fd4%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D202417252968%26itm%3D222763476749&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

bit of a pain as they don't ship to the UK

After deciding to invest in a cheap pressure washer, snow lance and car washing stuff, I washed my car for the first time in about 20 yrs. Last time I did it I had a Punto and used washing up liquid in the water. 

20190223_181651.jpg

20190223_162252.jpg

20190223_162311.jpg

20190223_145407.jpg

20190223_152249.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Btw. There's a detailer in Nuneaton, who will detail and ceramic coat your car for £350. @Twellsie and myself have used him and he's top notch. 

3 days of work and the car comes back stunning. Pm me or @Twellsie if you want more details. 

It's a piece of cake to clean once done.