Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post your Pics

5 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

E2D2F5C1-AADA-4E38-96A5-3DBADFDE324B.png

67DA389F-BE3E-40A1-B67F-2292EB6AA0A0.png

Liking the first one. 👍

Second is a little under exposed for me (see below). Both seem very tightly cropped.

Got any in colour?

rcf.jpg

• Like 2

I was just mucking around in apple photos. Problem was the car was surrounded by rubbish cars out the front of the Lexus dealership so I had to crop to get rid of them. Then I wanted to make a desktop background hence b+w and painting the background out. Then I thought maybe people on here might like to see them. Once I get hold of the car it will be much photographed. Especially as it’s first trip is a trip to Spa for the classic weekend. 

• Like 2

Very nice - I personally think the silver carbon is the best comb 👍🏻

You will be finding any excuse to drive it I’m sure. Fun times ahead!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Very nice - I personally think the silver carbon is the best comb 👍🏻

You will be finding any excuse to drive it I’m sure. Fun times ahead!!

Nope. For me, Orange wins.

Taken in the midst of a rather sizeable hoon; from the South Coast, Cheddar Gorge, Severn Bridge, Merthyr Tydfil, Brecon, Abergavenny, Newport, back across the Salisbury Plains, then home. Epic, deserted roads if you get up early enough! 

GSF1.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Nope. For me, Orange wins.

Sorry, I agree on the silver/carbon combo. Definitely miles better than looking like an undressed jaffa cake.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

Taken in the midst of a rather sizeable hoon; from the South Coast, Cheddar Gorge, Severn Bridge, Merthyr Tydfil, Brecon, Abergavenny, Newport, back across the Salisbury Plains, then home. Epic, deserted roads if you get up early enough! 

GSF1.jpg

Not jealous at all 😉👍🏻

• Like 1

@mrfunex Hey Stuart you should have called in for a brew you can see my house from the top of the Gorge 😂

I regularly use all the roads near there on the Mendip Hills many have great sweeping bends with site views so you can maintain momentum 👍

Big Rat

• Like 2

It was nice to have an assortment of roads to play with the TVD - the slalom mode made the car fairly agile (for a 1.8 ton saloon) around the Gorge - using the torque display on the dash it was possible to see how it was working to distribute power to make the car more nimble. Track mode seemed to make the car a bit more stable on fast, sweeping bends (although I found the effect less than slalom mode), all within the limits of what’s acceptable on the public road network....

...it’d be great to have a play on a track day to test this performance under far more extreme circumstances! 

Credit where it’s due - I drove around 370miles that morning and was fairly fresh at the end. Despite, shall we say, enjoying the merits of the GSF, I averaged an astonishing 30.1mpg. It seemed to me that the car switches to the Atkinson cycle at under 2000rpm under light throttle - in top, this meant almost 40mpg at motorway speeds according to the instantaneous readout! 

Anyway, this is supposed to be a photo thread!

E3889D65-4850-4552-AD12-CED6528BFF01.jpeg

8F7736B7-C7AD-4A8C-B799-3989BB02AAB2.jpeg

EF6FE989-F1B7-49F6-8B0F-0ABC9F2D88CC.jpeg

• Like 2

@mrfunex Stuart don't worry about talking about the techie stuff as well I'm all ears for that as well as eyes for the piccies 🤗

Sounds like a great trip and precisely what these cars are all about, recognise the locations as well having done them myself a few times recently. Be wrong not to put a few more pics up then.......

IMG_3688.thumb.JPG.61a7820c596a6c91c8f954910912f1bc.JPGIMG_3793.thumb.JPG.2ce63f3e9de1d90a649661e84fd52422.JPG1006980914_IMG_20180407_1400201(Medium).thumb.jpg.f88eaf7ae6a8f54e79253f6bb433be59.jpg

Big Rat

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JonP said:

Sorry, I agree on the silver/carbon combo. Definitely miles better than looking like an undressed jaffa cake.

Have you seen a silver carbon in the flesh?

4 hours ago, mrfunex said:

GSF1.jpg

I think that is the key - get up early!

Car looks mean!! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’m looking at one (mine) right now...I have to say it looks incredible - I was convinced I was going to wrap the bonnet, but everyone I talk to:  my nine year old daughter, strangers at the petrol station, my 67 year old mum...everyone says keep it as is. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

No, I've seen several white carbons and one orange RCF, but not a silver one. However judging by various pics I've seen, silver is at the top of my list.

Of course the camera never lies, does it?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JonP said:

No, I've seen several white carbons and one orange RCF, but not a silver one. However judging by various pics I've seen, silver is at the top of my list.

Of course the camera never lies, does it?

Having seen silver in the flesh, it would be last on my list. I'm by no means anti silver - the IS-F looks great in it, but for me, silver just doesn't work on an RC-F.

But most importantly, each to their own and that's all that matters.

44 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

I’m looking at one (mine) right now...I have to say it looks incredible - I was convinced I was going to wrap the bonnet, but everyone I talk to:  my nine year old daughter, strangers at the petrol station, my 67 year old mum...everyone says keep it as is. 

I thought EXACTLY the same regarding the bonnet - but it really is a work of art. 👍

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:07 PM, Big Rat said:

I couldn’t make my mind up which to have so I went black...... all of her........😇

🐀

All black with a few aftermarket carbon fibre accents would be the best combo imo.

• Like 1

@GibletPH I fully agree about the Carbon trinkets I have a couple of things in mind the exhaust is already done......

IMG_3775.thumb.JPG.21fc788352e8feaf744a3df671dab5e9.JPGIMG_3776.thumb.JPG.e2daac7b8aea69b8e64a77361ae81edd.JPG

Ive seen one or two other subtle items there's this one for the steering wheel, it's just a clip over item, no idea of the quality but for the price maybe worth a punt.......

IMG_0806.thumb.PNG.c69d7d76643fb5b1e305c58a16c21c0a.PNG

She's in for a major service in July and a wheel recut as well as the calipers being refinished in this brembo yellow, I had my last 2 911's done this way and I personally really like it.......

IMG_0807.JPG.060049e44f0a43cad4e6a6a05a2eaaf3.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1