Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After picking up my 05 GS300 yesterday I paired my android phone with the car but can't seem to transfer my contacts.  Is this likely to be just a problem between the ages of the technology?  I'm not that bothered but it would be nice to be able to do it.

11 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

After picking up my 05 GS300 yesterday I paired my android phone with the car but can't seem to transfer my contacts.  Is this likely to be just a problem between the ages of the technology?  I'm not that bothered but it would be nice to be able to do it.

Sorry Phil, I am unable to answer your question, but pleased to learn that you have acquired a GS300. Have you told us about it somewhere else on the Forum?

If yes, please redirect me and if no, please inform us of what is now a significant asset the The-Acre`s home.

Regards

John

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry Phil, I am unable to answer your question, but pleased to learn that you have acquired a GS300. Have you told us about it somewhere else on the Forum?

If yes, please redirect me and if no, please inform us of what is now a significant asset the The-Acre`s home.

Regards

John

Hi John, no I haven't really mentioned it but I will post some photos, maybe today if the rain holds off!

• Like 1

When I first got my 2008 450h I spent hours trying to transfer contacts before entering the most important ones manually. Not perfect but better than the 2010 VW Phaeton, that I nearly bought, which didn't recognise my Iphone at all. Would you believe the salesman suggested I just bought a Nokia.

2 minutes ago, AmbroseJohn said:

When I first got my 2008 450h I spent hours trying to transfer contacts before entering the most important ones manually. Not perfect but better than the 2010 VW Phaeton, that I nearly bought, which didn't recognise my iPhone at all. Would you believe the salesman suggested I just bought a Nokia.

Like an idiot I didn't think of doing it manually!  Thanks for that.  Sorry for not taking your advice on a hybrid but I have got a gem. I got 38mpg coming back the 85 miles from Bournemouth, and that was at speed so I'm more than happy with that.

17 minutes ago, AmbroseJohn said:

When I first got my 2008 450h I spent hours trying to transfer contacts before entering the most important ones manually. Not perfect but better than the 2010 VW Phaeton, that I nearly bought, which didn't recognise my iPhone at all. Would you believe the salesman suggested I just bought a Nokia.

That's downright disgusting, he should have recommended a Sony Xperia!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malachy said:

It is possible once you pair them! You must select all contacts and share them via Bluetooth to your car! 

I will give it another try, I'm sure it's just a case of knowing how!

If you go into contacts and press the 3 dots in the corner of the screen then press share, you can select all contacts then.

The only thing is you cannot access the phone book when driving..

50 minutes ago, scudney said:

might sound a bit of a silly question but do you have your blue tooth on?

It's not a silly question because originally I didn't!  It is on now though.  I can answer using the button on the steering wheel but get no sound.  Maybe I just need more time trying to understand it....if it ever stops raining.