Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 minute ago, stevet said:

Think it’s 18” wheels, cooled seats and sunroof. Non hybrid have a normal 6 speed auto, and a very good one it is too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, although I do have cooled seats.  Interesting the way almost every GS300 sold is advertised as having CVT when clearly they don't!

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Thank you, although I do have cooled seats.  Interesting the way almost every GS300 sold is advertised as having CVT when clearly they don't!

Phil  'Read all about it' here (particularly the last two pages re difference SE and SE-L)

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgben/GS-Series-(1Apr08)_tcm-3066-450999.pdf?_ga=2.246580675.618975902.1516469415-1020085698.1516469415

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

SE-L has rear sun blind ?

Mine has the rear blind as well.  What I would like is the boot spoiler, I wonder if one would be easy to source.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

So, where is Japan Phil ?    :):)

Yes, alright!!  Anyway, a more pressing issue. The check VSC light came on this morning.  I've checked the fuel cap and that seems OK.  At least it has a warranty!

31 minutes ago, Mike Hartland said:

You may want to check the exhaust. Any holes near the O2 sensor can trigger the VSC light

Thanks for that.  I've just had it plugged in and it shows oxygen sensor bank 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Thanks for that.  I've just had it plugged in and it shows oxygen sensor bank 1

About right at 12 years for an oxygen sensor to go. Same as most Toyota engines. Easy job, £50 pre CAT, £30 post CAT but should have no problems getting it done under warranty.

9 minutes ago, stevet said:

About right at 12 years for an oxygen sensor to go. Same as most Toyota engines. Easy job, £50 pre CAT, £30 post CAT but should have no problems getting it done under warranty.

I've contacted the warranty company and all seems OK!

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Strange that this should happen within the first few days of your ownership Phil.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in 2013 when I bought the GS 450 h from Lexus Chester.

The Engine Management Light came on within 2 days and the problem was diagnosed as a failed Oxygen sensor. It was fixed immediately by Lexus Chster under Warranty.

My assumption, perhaps incorrectly, was that the vehicle had remained parked and unused for a period prior to my purchase and this had somehow caused the failure..

54 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Strange that this should happen within the first few days of your ownership Phil.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in 2013 when I bought the GS 450 h from Lexus Chester.

The Engine Management Light came on within 2 days and the problem was diagnosed as a failed Oxygen sensor. It was fixed immediately by Lexus Chster under Warranty.

My assumption, perhaps incorrectly, was that the vehicle had remained parked and unused for a period prior to my purchase and this had somehow caused the failure..

Me being sceptical wonders if the code had been removed prior, as it has been now!  Still, not a major issue.

5 hours ago, Alans27 said:

Such a nice looking car that is! Looks like a big arm chair that you could just get super comfy in. What’s the mpg like on one of those?

Motorway normally high 30's but got as the pic sticking to 70 for 23 miles.

Normal day to day about 32mpg

file.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alans27 said:

That’s really impressive considering the cars size and size of engine too. 

I have to say I didn't think my LS430 was too bad on fuel, it is nice though to gain a few extra miles per gallon now.

I get about 24mpg on local trips of 4 miles or so, always have the aircon on though and about 34mpg on a long run. I'm not bothered about the mpg because I only do about 4K to 5K miles p.a.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2018 at 1:37 PM, The-Acre said:

Or not! Apparently the 02 sensor isn't covered!  Fair dues to the dealer though, they said they would transfer the cost to my account if I send the repair invoice. Can't say fairer than that.  The sensor was taken out today, and then the wrong part was sent by Eurocarparts.  Lexus want £190 for the part, Eurocarparts £114 for a Denso one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Good on the dealer to be approachable and standing by their legal obligation emoji106.png

I couldn't agree more, that explains why they have first class reviews.

• Like 2