Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 21/01/2018 at 10:56 AM, The-Acre said:

Here's another question for you.  Mine is an SE, so what's the difference between that and an SE-L?  And is it right that the non hybrid don't have CVT?

The SE-L has a sunroof, radar assisted cruise control and possibly the Mark Levinson sound system. Only the hybrid has CVT.

4 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

The SE-L has a sunroof, radar assisted cruise control and possibly the Mark Levinson sound system. Only the hybrid has CVT.

Yes, I'm just discovering that about CVT.  Interesting how most cars advertised say they have it when they don't, including mine.

5 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Not all GS300/450h SE-Ls have radar cruise control as standard.

Motorway normally high 30's but got as the pic sticking to 70 for 23 miles.
Normal day to day about 32mpg
file.jpg.a69aef74c0fef2c16673b9ee8ad85387.jpg

I’ve never seen that screen on my 2008 GS450H. That sort of info would be really handy. Have I missed a setting/button somewhere?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Or not! Apparently the 02 sensor isn't covered!  Fair dues to the dealer though, they said they would transfer the cost to my account if I send the repair invoice. Can't say fairer than that.  The sensor was taken out today, and then the wrong part was sent by Eurocarparts.  Lexus want £190 for the part, Eurocarparts £114 for a Denso one.

Sorry, haven't really been following this thread and you've probably got it sorted now but in my experience there's a reason why the ECP Denso ones are so much cheaper than OEM. If you haven't already then get the genuine part.

25 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I’ve never seen that screen on my 2008 GS450H. That sort of info would be really handy. Have I missed a setting/button somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong here but I think all the early hybrids didn't have cruising range. Including the RX400h.

16 minutes ago, stevet said:

I might be wrong here but I think all the early hybrids didn't have cruising range. Including the RX400h.

Mine does, although it's a different screen to that posted above.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Sorry, haven't really been following this thread and you've probably got it sorted now but in my experience there's a reason why the ECP Denso ones are so much cheaper than OEM. If you haven't already then get the genuine part.

Stock O2/MAF/AC Actuators/Most electrical components in Toyotas/Lexus are made by Denso. Don't pay a premium for the same part coming in a Toyota/Lexus box. 

It's non-OEM sensors from Bosch that you want to avoid.

55 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I’ve got this screen. 7b93f6f236bf7cb47d5d8940ba7a6bb5.jpg
And this screen.
ed4e5ff0e5255aa0fd601cc4d1ead820.jpg
And this in the speedo display.
572a179ed3dc0270b7ceef532861e4c8.jpg

Is this the same as yours Lee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is one of the first 450h models being registered in May 2006 and that's exactly what mine looks like too. I'm only guessing here but the screens may be different on the 450h because they show info relating to the hybrid. The cruising range is still shown as can be seen in your first picture and the rest of the info is displayed under the speedo as in your last picture.

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Thanks for that, and yes, It's been fitted with a genuine part.

With regards to the difference in trim levels and what that means in terms of standard equipment it is interesting to note that as the production years progressed for the MK3 GS the amount of standard 'goodies' fell. I did a lot of research a few years back when I was looking for my 450h and found, at launch of the MK3 GS, there were 3 trim levels (or 4 if you count sport for the 450h). These trim levels were base, SE and SE-L. I believe these are representative of the 300 too but not the 430/460 as that model only had 1 trim level, i.e. everything was standard!  The base spec didn't have things like the ML stereo (optional I believe), rear blind, cooled seats or rear spoiler (on 450h at least). The SE added these as standard and the SE-L (on the 450h but not sure about the 300) added ACC/PCS (adaptive or 'radar' cruise) and an electric sunroof as standard. I believe the only option on a SE-L was the no cost one of part wooden steering wheel and gear knob ( which personally I'm glad to say mine hasn't got as I am not a fan). Then in 2008 the GS underwent a mild facelift and the base model was dropped. Except it wasn't! It was rebadged SE and in turn the SE was rebadged SE-L. This resulted in the removal as standard of the ML stereo, rear blind, cooled seats etc. from the SE trim spec and removed the ACC/PCS and sunroof as standard on the SE-L (becoming a near £4000.00 optional extra). This hopefully might help to explain why people who have say, an SE spec model, find differing levels of standard equipment.

I would also just like to add that I found the official Lexus press release online recently for the more major and final facelift of the MK3 GS in 2010. It is interesting to note that this saw the the SE spec now ride on 17" wheels (18" optional) and it stated that even things like the parking sensors were now optional extras on this trim level.

• Like 2

The base model GS before 2008 had fabric seats. Post 2008 was a confusing time in spec changes. My 300 SE came with ML, rear blind, AVS, VDIM, parking sensors and 17" wheels as standard.

3 hours ago, olumite said:

Stock O2/MAF/AC Actuators/Most electrical components in Toyotas/Lexus are made by Denso. Don't pay a premium for the same part coming in a Toyota/Lexus box. 

It's non-OEM sensors from Bosch that you want to avoid.

Fair enough. You probably know more about this than I do. But my experience was the exact opposite. Denso threw codes and Bosch didn't.

7 minutes ago, stevet said:

The base model GS before 2008 had fabric seats. Post 2008 was a confusing time in spec changes. My 300 SE came with ML, rear blind, AVS, VDIM, parking sensors and 17" wheels as standard.

I agree post 2008 is very confusing. I should clarify again that my research was made just on the 450h so may slightly differ to the 300. I personally have never seen a 450h with fabric seats. Not saying there aren't any though but that is interesting. Is your 300 SE a facelift model Steve? Things like the ML and rear blind did become optional extras at some stage which is why I said two SE spec'd cars post 2008 could have different equipment levels depending what option box was ticked. Was AVS and VDIM an optional extra on the 300? These were standard on a 450h.

I think I am right in saying all SE spec GS 300's were fitted with 17" wheels as standard, 18" being an optional extra, and 18" were standard on SE-L spec 300's. The point I was making about the 2010 facelift was the fact that SE spec 450h models were now fitted with 17" wheels and parking sensors an optional extra, whereas all 450h spec's had always previously been 18" and sensors fitted as standard. I also think that the 300 had ceased production by this date.

Yes, mine is the facelift. These were pictures were taken from the 2008 brochure that was in my car when I bought it. But still not exactly right as I had everything plus the rear blind that's not even listed for my model. I think they just crammed as many cars as they could get on the boat from Japan then worked out the specs after they arrived :smile:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I must say I'm finding the GS a fab car.  The only thing I need to do now is sort out the apperntly very common dash creak.

Good luck with that one Phil. I've given up!

Is the difference in screens down to the unit fitted rather than the year?

My 2007 450h SE-L screen is like Odesyesuss. stevet has a different screen.

My unit is a Ten 5. What unit do you have stevet? If yours is a Get 5 too then is the difference in the software?

What changes were there to the sat nav software from 2006 onwards?

I had 2006-2007 Ver2 originally. Then I had 2012-2013 Ver 2 and now I am on 2017-2018 Ver 1 and the displays have always stayed the same. 

John

I got one of those £35 2017/18 Sat Nav updates discs off eBay and it worked straight off the bat no problems (I've read elsewhere that you may need to disconnect your car Battery for 2mins?) sat nav changes now possible on the move & my 2007 SEL does not have radar cruise, but everything else inc the higher rez screen.

Cant the creaky dash be solved with felt in-between the dash & windscreen ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

Good luck with that one Phil. I've given up!

It's not too bad but it'll nice to improve it a bit. Have you seen the guy on YouTube who stopped his?

No I haven't. I'll have to seek that out. When I bought mine a few years back there was a thread on here where another member had stopped his rattling and had posted very comprehensive pictures showing what he had done. I followed this and although was initially successful over the last couple of years the rattles are returning and are getting worse. The glove box seems to be the worst. In the summer when it's warmer I also have the pleasure of the rear parcel shelf creaking and rattling too. From reading other threads on here this seems only to be the hybrid models' problem though as it is the vent for the hybrid batteries that does this.

Interestingly the initial thread I mention resurfaced on this forum recently but the pictures have disappeared.

If the pics have just been taken down then there's nothing you can do but *protip* if you're using Chrome and it's just down to those idiots at Photobucket banning third party hosting there's an extension available from the Chrome Web Store.

23 hours ago, Chris111 said:

No I haven't. I'll have to seek that out. When I bought mine a few years back there was a thread on here where another member had stopped his rattling and had posted very comprehensive pictures showing what he had done. I followed this and although was initially successful over the last couple of years the rattles are returning and are getting worse. The glove box seems to be the worst. In the summer when it's warmer I also have the pleasure of the rear parcel shelf creaking and rattling too. From reading other threads on here this seems only to be the hybrid models' problem though as it is the vent for the hybrid batteries that does this.

Interestingly the initial thread I mention resurfaced on this forum recently but the pictures have disappeared.

The pictures are still there, for me at least...

• Thanks 1