Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got bumped..

17 hours ago, Linas.P said:

You will, next year your insurance will go by odd 30% up even if it is not your fault and even if you not going to make a claim. 

yes, I believe you're right there. I didn't think of that - it's unfair but true.

Sorry to say that a name and mobile no is not really exchanging details in a non-injury collision. Should be full name of drivers involved along with permanent address and contact numbers and insurance companies.

if this persons ditches the mobile number then all you seem to have is a registration number and a name? Your insurance company can get details of the car and its insurance status but unless the driver admits to actually being in that location at that time and being involved it ain't gonna progress very far and you are going to be footing the bill as a claim on your fully comp insurance. Any independent witnesses may help but it is gonna be an ordeal to get this finalised.

I am fully legal and legit with all 5 cars in my household but as posted above I do not trust any other Herbert on the road until they prove me otherwise.

back in 2015 some Herbert went into the back of my Mondeo and split the bumper, his car was trashed pouring coolant and oil all down the road, obviously his fault as he was driving faster than he was able to stop in the distance ahead! I ended up with a photo of his driving license on my phone, along with a letter he had in his car with his address on it and a photo of him and his trashed car and mine at the scene. I think he was in a bit of shock at the time but I have been in this situation before and had a big denial afterwards so was not gonna get caught out again!

paul m.

2 hours ago, lotusdave said:

hang on. (1) does the OP have protected ncb?

.(2) assuming his insurer reclaims all costs from the TP, there is no reason for a significant premium increase.

but if no protection and TP turns out to be uninsured or whatever, then yes its not a nice outcome.

other option is to get it repaired yourself...but it'll be expensive even just to replace and paint a bumper.

Doesn't matter whether you have protected NCB - if you make a claim, no matter what it is, even for a windscreen sometimes they will push the premiums up

If you don't have protected NCB, it just means your premium will go up more than for someone with a protected NCB

The rear bumper of an IS-F won't be cheap i dont think

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 11:08 AM, lotusdave said:

hang on. (1) does the OP have protected ncb?

.(2) assuming his insurer reclaims all costs from the TP, there is no reason for a significant premium increase.

but if no protection and TP turns out to be uninsured or whatever, then yes its not a nice outcome.

other option is to get it repaired yourself...but it'll be expensive even just to replace and paint a bumper.

I have protected NCB and Comprehensive policy with legal cover, earlier this year I had "hit and run" accident. As it was "hit and run" I had no option but to report it. Reason, if the person who ran reports the accident simply saying "I crashed into the car, but neither of us stopped" then I could be penalised for "failing to stop" as well. So long story short - reported to police, police asked for insurance reference, reported to insurance as "notification only", meaning that I will not be making claim, nor it was my fault - Dash cam footage proving I am right in the situation attached.

Now based on your point my insurance should not go-up?! No claim was made, no damage was assessed so technically it was £0. I even have letter from insurance company stating "thank you for notification, we can confirm we have recorded incident on our system. This notification will not affect you NCB etc. etc...". Last year my insurance was £660, this year it will be ~£900 - only because no claim, no fault accident. Obviously, if you pay say £280 for your insurance the impact to you might not be as big, you might pay ~£350 next year. But every time accident happens, doesn't matter who, why, how or whose fault.. or even if any claim was made... insurance premium will go-up. It is hard to say by how much, but my educated guess ~30%.

Not only do insurance companies rip us completely off but the government have also jumped on the band wagon with IPT (Insurance Premium Tax) which once again at the last budget was raised from 10% to 12%, it won’t be long until it is the same rate as VAT!!!