Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is200 advice

IS200_758

Hi, 

im a new owner of a manual is200 it's my first car i've had it for just over a month and would like some advice. 

Since i got it i changed the oil and coolant (oil based) also checked the air filter. Since then i i've noticed some blue smoke on start up sometimes and also when i roll through the gears in the higher rev range. Also i realize that it's a bit sluggish on acceleration. 

advice would be much appreciated as to what to change and look at next.

Thanks in advance 

Edited by IS200_758
grammar

It's less likely to burn oil with the thicker grade, so I would think it's the valve seals. The oil will be under more pressure as it's thicker, so that can help it to get past seals.

Cheers

Tim

6 hours ago, IS200_758 said:

Can any of you shoot me a link for those valve seals i was look for the genuine lexus ones. If thats possible. thanks 

The seals are around €9.00 each x 12 part number should be 90913-02092 from Lexus.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/01/2018 at 4:09 PM, steve2006 said:

The seals are around €9.00 each x 12 part number should be 90913-02092 from Lexus.

so both intake and exhaust valves use the same seal with that part number ?

On 21/02/2018 at 12:47 PM, IS200_758 said:

can i use sk16r-p11 spark plugs in my is200 i got some with the car and i know that oem is sk20 r11. so i just wanted to know 

You should use SK20, or IK20 if you want higher performance. SK16s are standard for the IS300.

Using a hotter plug than standard can cause pre-ignition which could lead to engine damage. SK16s were either used by mistake (most likely) or they had fouling issues and tried to overcome the issue using a hotter plug rather than resolve the underlying issue.

1 hour ago, IS200_758 said:

any links for the genuine head gasket 

no sorry, just via a Lexus dealer. Eurocarparts do a set for £121, when you apply the current FEB70 discount code, which includes the valve seals etc. but it isn't genuine it's Blueprint.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_2.0_2000/p/car-parts/engine-parts1/engine-parts/car-gasket-seals/?36282080J&1&dc8eeeb86edf9cc2fac49131b91474256e1340ed&000174