Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

70,000 miles

Hi guys.

I’m looking for a IS 300h and have found one with 70k on the clock. Is this something to avoid? I only do about 6k a year but wondered about the major services of the IS and would I get caught with one in the first year or 2.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Wouldn't be worried at that mileage.  As above check the service history

Also worth checking the mot history to see if the mileage is genuine and what kind of things came up if they did in terms of advisories etc

70k on a Lexus is nothing. These cars go on and on and on if serviced properly at the regular intervals. 

The IS300H is a superb car that does not disappoint. 

Go on treat yourself. 

Thanks chaps. I’m securing funds today so will hopefully own one very soon. Are there any problems with buying from a independent dealer rather than Lexus? Also would I need to take it to Lexus for servicing? 

2 hours ago, Simon b said:

Thanks chaps. I’m securing funds today so will hopefully own one very soon. Are there any problems with buying from a independent dealer rather than Lexus? Also would I need to take it to Lexus for servicing? 

Not really but the customer service may vary for obvious reasons

You don't necessarily need to take it to Lexus for a service history but if you want an extra 1 year hybrid warranty, get the £59 hybrid healthcheck done at Lexus annually.

Mileage isn't an issue! I had one with 86k on the clock and it drives like new... Amazing stuff to have.

The services intervals are on Lexus website...

I would strongly advise you to check the service history before you go ahead with the deal.

Wish you good and welcome to the club [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As others have said, check the service history before purchase. If the car has been serviced by Lexus don't be shy about ringing the service department at the dealership where it was serviced, they will usually be quite happy to give details of the cars service history and any work done.

If you're willing to pay Lexus servicing costs, you will normally be able to buy a warranty from Lexus despite the fact that you bought the car from an independent dealer. The warranty also includes AA breakdown cover as well. You can buy the warranty and a service plan and you can have a fixed monthly payment which will cover you for almost everything apart from tyres, brakes and fuel.

When I bought mine last October from an Independent dealer, I made passing the Lexus Hybrid Health check a condition of sale - it passed as I expected it to. As well as checking the hybrid system, this check also gives you a year's warranty on the Hybrid systems and peace of mind that all the Hybrid specific stuff (i.e. the expensive stuff to repair!) is functioning correctly.

My car had 67K on the clock and - as stated elsewhere here - these cars can take mileages without a problem. Do check the service history as bigger miles means smaller purchase prices!

3 hours ago, Simon b said:

Another quick question. How do these car fare with very short (2 mile) commutes? Am I going to flatten the hybrid battery or do any other damage? It will get a run at the weekends.

The engine in my RC300h warms up very quickly, easily within a mile but I'd imagine it's going to tale a fair bit longer to get the exhaust system hot enough to drive out all the condensate. So it's possible you might promote early corrosion within the exhaust system. You won't flatten the traction (hybrid) Battery.

I'd say the hybrid is the car least likely to suffer significant detriment from frequent short journeys but it will certainly benefit from a good long run at weekends.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2018 at 6:25 AM, Simon b said:

Another quick question. How do these car fare with very short (2 mile) commutes? Am I going to flatten the hybrid battery or do any other damage? It will get a run at the weekends.

It won't warm up within a mile or two. 

And you'll get around 25mpg. But apart from that, I don't think you'd cause a huge problem - plenty of low mileage cars with no issues at all - including our IS - 15k over 4.5 years

• Thanks 1