Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Tyres?

Durbs

I need two new front tyres for my is200 sport. I am being told that there are specific versions of the Dunlop SP9000 for Lexus (Which cost more!!). Why is this?

What tyres do you recommend. I currently have Dunlop SP9000 215/45 ZR17.

Best quote for these so far £160 each!!

Thanks

A neighbour of mine has who owns a very successful tyre and exhaust business recommended Cooper Avons to me at £60 a corner. I don't need tyres at this current time I was just chatting with him at my car when i first got it and mentioned everyones recommendation of Dunlops on here and I was shocked to hear him say he doesn't rate Dunlops at all. I know a lot of members could produce evidence from their experience to counter this so don't shout at me:)

But he rates these Cooper Avons and says there is no need to be spending so much on 17" tyres like the price Dunlops and other top brands etc.

I think when the time comes to change my rear ones I will try these Cooper Avons as its almost 2 for the price of one Dunlop and see how they fair. If they don't hold up to his confidence in them then so be it but if they do they its more money in my pocket at the end of the day.

NOTE:

Apolgies if the above is slight hijacking Durbs topic. Please respond to Durbs query first if you can't resist a comment on my reply; )

there are 2 types, the difference is in the compound one is Japanese, the other is European.

Make sure you get the ones with the rim protector too.

From the web site:

http://www.dunloptyres.co.uk/site/tyres/ca...atterns/SP9000/

215/45ZR17 UHP SP9000 91 W SP Sport 9000 MFS XL Directional XL Extra Load

215/45ZR17 UHP SP9000 - SP Sport 9000 MFS Directional - -

215/45ZR17 UHP SP9000 - SP Sport 9000 MFS Lexus Directional - Lexus IS 200 only

£160 seems a bit steep to me for the Dunlop SP9000's. Kwick Fit do my tyres (they're who the lease hire company send me to!) and last time I got some they were around the £119 mark.

TwoTone, looks as though it's worth giving the Cooper Avons a shot if they've been recommended and they're as cheap as that!

£160 seems a bit steep to me for the Dunlop SP9000's. Kwick Fit do my tyres (they're who the lease hire company send me to!) and last time I got some they were around the £119 mark.

Yeah, I got 4 dunlops from the dealer for about 110 quid a corner!

A neighbour of mine has who owns a very successful tyre and exhaust business recommended Cooper Avons to me at £60 a corner. I don't need tyres at this current time I was just chatting with him at my car when i first got it and mentioned everyones recommendation of Dunlops on here and I was shocked to hear him say he doesn't rate Dunlops at all. I know a lot of members could produce evidence from their experience to counter this so don't shout at me:)

But he rates these Cooper Avons and says there is no need to be spending so much on 17" tyres like the price Dunlops and other top brands etc.

trying not to be sceptical but a retailer usually recommends what he will make the most profit on

a good tyre that is frequantly requested/recommended will have a small profit margin because of the competition, where as the unknown tyre can be priced for maximum profit as purchases are LED into beleiving they are getting a bargain, because of its price undercutting the higher priced ones

not to say they are not of good quality, nor that your mate isnt 100% genuine

:)

dealers buy in tyres for about £30 each, so they are gonna make a profit on any tyre!!

I like the SP9000's a very good tyre. Micheldever or Headley will do them for between £90-£100 per corner so thats not too bad!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links