Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

oh no. some sort of TC failure on my ISF

having driven 100 miles or so this morning, the car sat in the rain for a few hours before I went to drive home. 

the dashboard has lit up like a Christmas tree with four separate warnings that the stability control has failed.

bottom left, something like ASF is flashing, bottom right the usual skidding car light is on, too centre is the warning triangle and lastly the display says the the system has failed.

I forget exactly what it says, VCF maybe?

its never done it before and plenty of switch off and on has made no difference.

a quick test tells me the abs is working, but the traction control isn't as wheelspin was very easy in the rain.  (naturally i was on a private road when I tested these).

anyone near Dartford got a code reader, assuming this will tell us what has failed?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, lotusdave said:

disconnecting the battery did occur to me, so ill give that a go. It needs a new battery anyway as it happens.

arqum, offer appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on.

Was it raining during your drive by any chance?? A lot of spray being thrown up during traffic?

If it's nasty your PCS system can play up and need a Battery disconnect or even just give the Lexus badge a good wipe. Once that's done, restart the car and may be ok.

thanks for the replies folks. Yes it was biblical rain but also I know the Battery is on its last legs, so id wager its the low voltage thing (thanks Steve)

the car was fine when I parked it, but a few hours later wasn't so happy despite it not moving in that time.  

got a lot of miles to do tomorrow too, so fingers crossed its not the start of a meltdown!

naturally the problem has fixed itself without me doing anything at all! Started it this morning, no sign of any warnings.

I have however ordered a new Battery - £100 from Kwik fit and Halfords say they don't have one for the F - as gut feeling says the Battery is on its last legs. It, one assumes, is ten years old later this year....

cars eh?

The Bosch S4 ( 4 yr g/tee) is £101 at EuroCarparts at the moment, how many years G/tee are KwikRip offering, as you say you only 'ordered' it, see if they'll match the G/tee period.

Paul m.