Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 IS 200 won't crank

Alvin Thijsen

Dear all,  I did a stupid mistake by changing the Battery of my IS200 while the car was running and besides that since it was dark I did put the Battery poles wrongly, so the  car just died. The following day I noticed the main fuse was blown, happy to see that,  that might be the only problem. It was a pain to replace the main fuse but I managed. I did put a brand new Battery but to my surprise the car did not start. The key less system works, the immobilizer light stops flashing when the key is inserted, everything works, but the engine wont't start.

Any help is appreciated, from the sunny island of Aruba

Hello Alvin and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry to hear of your problems after Battery replacement, the main alternator fuse tends to blow on a reverse Battery connection but you may find others also gone so check both fuse boxes in the engine bay and under the dash for more fuses that may have failed.

If you are really struggling I would be happy to take a look for you providing you pay for my airfare and accommodation, not been to Aruba which I think is the island just off the coast of Venezuela.:biggrin: