Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Chaps

(Just for clarity this is a UK model LS400 - I know we are on a UK forum, but just in case there are foreign contributors!)

Having tried a couple of the Bluetooth OBDII readers and not having success, I did some research and found they simply won't work on my 99 LS400. I also read about the primitive code reading by shorting a couple of pins on the port and reading the flashes(?!) on the instrument cluster...

A while back I had a garage read the codes and they ripped me off £50 just for a code read, I was desperate at the time and wanted the issue sorting hence why I paid it. So I know that there are code readers out there that will work on the LS400. 

Anyone have one or know of a proper reader that just plugs in and works? I'd rather not faff around with shorting pins and counting flashes etc...

Thanks in advance chaps!

I recently got the 'tech stream' software along with a OBD patch cable with a usb connection. The software ( comes on an auto play CD ) gets put on a laptop ( for portability reasons but if you got a pewter in your garage it could go on there) so if you have access to a laptop this might be the way to go.

paul m.

Hi Paul

Thanks for that, is the software the Toyota Techstream? What USB/OBD cable did you buy? Was it for OBDII? Does it all work ok?

Any links to the products you bought?

Thanks for your post, I was getting frustrated with the lack of OBD support so glad to hear of your success :)

This is the one I have got after reading lots of others refer to and use this software.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16pin-Mini-VCI-Toyota-Lexus-TIS-TechStream-OBD2-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner/112063076459?epid=714481939&hash=item1a177ad86b:g:Vw0AAOSwqfNXj555

Loaded onto laptop no problem after following instructions to the letter!

It is very professional and I intend staying away from any settings I'm not 100% sure of!

there is a phone number at the bottom of the listing in the " contact information" so you could give them a call tomorrow for suitability for your car. Having said that I can fire up my laptop later to see if I can see your model/year in the options box,

Paul m.

Thanks for that Paul, i've just realised in your Model details on your Member Details it says you have an IS 250. Does that mean you haven't tried the cable with a mk4 LS400?

I'm after something known to work with the mk4 LS400....I'll send that seller a message....

• 3 months later...

Hi chaps, is TS supposed to have the day expiry at the bottom left hand side? I can't get it to work at all, getting really frustrated with this now :(

If you have a valid license for TS and use the rather expensive official cable then Toyota will provide you with support.

Discussing how to get a pirated copy of the software working is not permitted on these forums.