Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Tyre for IS250 - 2012

21 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

Yes, where did you get those from? Do you have a link??

these are the cheapest I have found. 

Ahhh just spotted the tyre sizes, mine are 255 35 18, yours are 255 40 18. Very strange that a higher profile tyre is so much more expensive. Adds a good £50 on each so nearly 200 for a Michelin wow

20 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

Ahhh just spotted the tyre sizes, mine are 255 35 18, yours are 255 40 18. Very strange that a higher profile tyre is so much more expensive. Adds a good £50 on each so nearly 200 for a Michelin wow

Did you put 255 | 35 | R18 on your IS250 or is that for the 300?

A little bit off topic but last month I fitted Michelin Cross Climate tyres to my wifes Toyota. Yesterday I was stopped at traffic lights in the outside lane with a car stopped on my inside. The lights changed and we both moved off together. A car shot across from the left and I did an emergency stop avoiding an accident with 2 yards to spare. The car on my inside didn't/couldn't stop and hit the car. Was it my quicker reaction time or was it the tyres? I will never know. The road surface was very wet and greasy but my car did an emergency stop with no drama and I am now a big fan of Michelin Cross Climate They will be my choice when the Lexus needs new tyres.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:14 PM, Carl1983 said:

255/35 r18 is a very common size. It's used on Merc C class and BMW 3er. 

255/40 R18 is quite rare tbh 

On 14/02/2018 at 10:18 PM, OldTrout said:

Fitted pair of Landsail LS588 245/40/18 XL to front of mine this week. These is rated B.B.69dB. I have Three A on the back which was slightly cheaper and not quite so good rating. Both budget tyres and both recommended by others here. Looking forward to 20k+ miles of safe, quiet and economical motoring.

John 

Having come from a IS200 Compressor with a Koni Sports Kit and TRD ARBs, I expected the handling to be slightly off, infact it felt quite dangerous!! I looked into wheel alignment, ARB's, Shock/Spring upgrades, ARB upgrades, Bushes etc. I had a local racing driver and custom car builder throughly splashing the cash, he found the weak leak.The indepedent dealer had fitted a pair of Landsails to the rear of mine 245/45/17, these are awful awful awful, £50 a corner.

After through research on tyrereviews.net (checked the most miles covered, ratings then UK prices), I decided on the Goodyear Eagle A3's through Asda, Uniroyals are few quid cheaper is money is an issue. The landsails were almost like new after 12l, the HANDLING off the standard 250 has been amazing since moving to the Eagles. Please for the love of your family, do not buy a cheap tyre. 

I just hope the garage I had my Eagles fitted didn't sell my tyres onto anyone else.