Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smoke/Turbo lag/bad mpg absolutely cured so simply!!

Few people may have followed previous threads regarding the is220d smoke problem myself included...

My is220d was on76k when out of nowhere it started smoking at around50% operating temp followed by poor turbo performance bad mpg and basically being embarresing to drive.

Have to say I researched  said problem thro every forum/mechanics sites etc only to find its a widespread problem with every motor lexus/toyota fitted with this engine but with no conclusive results...However!!!!

In a chance meeting witha friend who built his own TD rally car using a Toyota turbo he just said..Ah yeah sounds like a dodgy map sensor!!

On this info I whipped the map off (2min job) sprayed some electrical contct cleaner in there and WOW!! seriously it was like a new car..performance was restored..mpg jumped from30's to 40's and no smoke at all...well until 7 days later smoke returned!! again cleaned the map and hey presto!! new map sensor orderded and I love my car again!! really hope this helps folks as I know how frustrating the smoke issue is!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1