Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tarnished F Sport Scuff Plates

Ahoy!

On my 2016 F Sport I can see 'rusty spots' on the metal front scuff plates. Before I go and challenge Lexus about it - Has anyone else suffered this? I could attempt to polish it out but since the car is under 2 years old the stubborn side of me is asking 'why should I!'..

Cheers

You can try but I know what they'll say

Wear and tear. They'll say it's been scratched and moisture got in and caused it to rust.

Although ours is nearly 5 years old and it's got no rust spots whatsoever 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Exactly Andrew. I'd take the car back to lexus for an explanation/excuse.

Let us know how you get on. 

Well I have booked in an appointment at Lexus Twickenham on Friday and see what they say...

9 hours ago, Martin F said:

Are you sure it's rust?

I haven't checked, but I would have suspected these are aluminium. . .

I used a mild cleaner and it wont 'rub' off.. but coming back to my principles I can get them out if I tried with compound etc but as the car is still "young" I will let Lexus try and sort it out..

I'll have a go and using a da trying to get it out.. However noticed the drivers side also has a pin dent.. Looks like its surface however just wiping it with a mild alcohol didn't work. Tbh lexus Twickenham was a pita to get to and also the workshop was a few miles down the road so they had to get a driver to take it down  there. No reason was given and just said this is not under warranty.. I dont think I'll be servicing mine there this year.