Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 onwards.......

Alans27

Gents I’m thinking of buying a Lexus, most probably an IS250 but possibly a ct200h instead. I’m not keen on the first ones as they seem to boom with that cvt gearbox and I’ve also read they’re not great over bumps and there’s a bit of road noise. I’ve not actually been in one I must say, these are just things I’ve read.

Anyway I gather after 2014 they addressed a lot of these issues so, just how much improved were they in 2014? Did they really tame the cvt gearbox plus sort the ride comfort and reduce road noise? 

I need advice from the horses mouth lol.

thank you :)

Improved yes but not that much. CVT is a bit more linear and ride is slight smoother owing to a stiffer chassis and less harsh suspension. Im very happy with the ride comfort but it wouldn’t suit someone who wanted to waft along. I’d suggest you see for yourself on a test drive. 

IS250 is quite a different beast. More refined but at the expense of poorer fuel economy and more maintenance costs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alans27 said:

Gents I’m thinking of buying a Lexus, most probably an IS250 but possibly a ct200h instead. I’m not keen on the first ones as they seem to boom with that cvt gearbox and I’ve also read they’re not great over bumps and there’s a bit of road noise. I’ve not actually been in one I must say, these are just things I’ve read.

Anyway I gather after 2014 they addressed a lot of these issues so, just how much improved were they in 2014? Did they really tame the cvt gearbox plus sort the ride comfort and reduce road noise? 

I need advice from the horses mouth lol.

thank you :)

More of an evolution rather than a revolution.

I don't find the CT great on bumps, even the non-F-Sport models and the IS is certainly more comfortable in terms of just going over bumps alone. The CT does handle pretty well, almost like a go-kart though and its flat in the corners. The road noise is there and its noticeable - more so if you jump from an IS to a CT. 

CVT gearbox was improved but marginally. It doesn't rev for no reason unlike the early ones which used to hit max revs when you hit the throttle. The newer ones tend to increase revs as the car picks up speed so its more natural than before.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links