Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Does any one know how to turn off my Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (I-AFS)? 

I was reading on the RX forum about driving in Europe and the advice is that we do not need those sticky plastic things on the head lights as we have a flat beam but they also advise to turn off the I-AFS. I can see nothing in my handbook and a quick search on the interweb shows how to do in on the RX (via the steering wheel settings). However, it doesn't appear in my settings menu.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks but that looks different from mine. Found this in my manual but can't find the button. I know I have AFS because my lights turn and I have a warming light on my dash when I power up!

IMG_20180130_163311.jpg

That button looks like it is next to the tyre pressure warning reset button, which is legendarily difficult to reach right underneath the dash. Put the driver's seat right back, get a torch and get your head into the footwell - it should be on the underside of the dash structure.

That said, if the beams are really flat and don't require anything to be stuck over the lens when driving abroad, I'm not sure why AFS would cause any further problems. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Maybe, but it appears to be something on the RX that can be adjusted via the settings menu on the steering wheel. That's much more sensible.

Agreed

There must be some reason not to include that and the TPWS reset in the cluster menu? Surely easier to enable an option in the coding rather than have to add wiring and buttons?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Agreed

There must be some reason not to include that and the TPWS reset in the cluster menu? Surely easier to enable an option in the coding rather than have to add wiring and buttons?

Probably no reason at all apart from stupidity! The one thing that really annoys be on this car is the lack of TA button on the dash, which I had on my IS. Generally I don't have it on as it interrupts my listening pleasure but occasionally I like to use if coming up to slow moving traffic to see what the hold up and possible length of delay may be. In the IS I simply pressed a button on the dash to turn it on and then again to turn it off after I've heard about my bit of road. Bu no, not on the GS. I have to go into radio settings to select it. To do this takes a couple of menus and more than a couple of clicks! Not only is this irritating it also forces me to take my eyes of the road. Who thought that a good idea?????

• Like 1